Anti-Sway Bars

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Soulflare

Anti-Sway Bars

Post by Soulflare »

Hi,<P>I'm just curious if anyone has anti-sway bars installed in their car? If yes was the installation fairly simple bolt on? Also is there any company other then Mazdaspeed that makes them? Thx in advance.<P>Soulflare
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
ProtegeSTS

Re: Anti-Sway Bars

Post by ProtegeSTS »

No other companies make any sets for the MX3. However, if you look in the back of Sports Car or Grassroots motorsports, you should see plenty of places that would build a custom one. They would probably need the car for a bit, to take measurements, but you would be able to get exactly what diameter bar you wanted and such. Price would run probably about 200 bucks.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Yeah, I tracked down a local company who would do them whatever diameter I want with custom endlinks for ~$175, but they have to keep my car for a while for measurements and test fitting.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

a company here in Austrlia do them, they are custom making a set for me, eventually, once they get the measurements etc, they can make 'em as they please... from memory I think they are about $162 Australian, and they will ship to the US.. <P>Go to <A HREF="http://www.whiteline.com.au" TARGET=_blank>Whiteline</A> and get some more info from there.. you'll notice they don't have any products listed for the MX-3, but they will custom make. <P>Hope this helps..<P>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
ausDriver

Post by ausDriver »

I looked through the whiteline Aus site today. I've read a few posts from poeple that have gone to them for suspension mods for their 30x's. Are there any more place you can refer me to in Australia that eunos users have used? I'm planning on trading my ATX for a MTX in a few years, then modifying that a little.<p>What an awesome car!!<p>cheers.<p>[ December 30, 2002: Message edited by: ausDriver ]</p>
presso3

Post by presso3 »

i have whiteline rear sway bar,it's great
92 yellow mtx klze presso,K&N cone filter,KLZE ecu & intake manifold,whiteline front & rear strut bar, apex spring,koni strut,whiteline camber bolt,WHITELINE rear 22mm swaybar,magnecor 8.5mm sparkwire,2.5" custom catback,custom testpipe,FSE fpr,sard oil gas tank,apexi S-AFC,15"RAYS TE37 rim,FALKEN ST-115 tire,EVO4 front brake,mazdaspeed seat,mazdaspeed steering wheel,mazdaspeed front nose
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Where do you get them? I wanna get atleast some rear ones before spring, and the front ones i want "KLZE Ready". I've seen a blue one, im not sure if it was front or back, but that would be cool
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
presso3

Post by presso3 »

92 yellow mtx klze presso,K&N cone filter,KLZE ecu & intake manifold,whiteline front & rear strut bar, apex spring,koni strut,whiteline camber bolt,WHITELINE rear 22mm swaybar,magnecor 8.5mm sparkwire,2.5" custom catback,custom testpipe,FSE fpr,sard oil gas tank,apexi S-AFC,15"RAYS TE37 rim,FALKEN ST-115 tire,EVO4 front brake,mazdaspeed seat,mazdaspeed steering wheel,mazdaspeed front nose
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

MAZDASPEED makes both front and rear swaybars for the MX-3. www.corksport.com
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamario

Post by jamario »

Try SRD for anti sway bars
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

What the diff between anti-sway and strut bars?...
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

simple explanation:
anti sway bar is under the car and controls body roll.. <p>Image<p>strut brace is on top of the struts, between the two strut towers.. they keep the things tighter and stiffer in general.<p>there are much better, and more informative posts out there on this.. <p>Image
- EUNOS 30X -
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

eunosads thanx still alil lost but i just get both anyway i want tight steering...(3 dots)
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”