OBX SSAutochrome Street-Import Headers on a K8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bubbaflaat

Re: OBX SSAutochrome Street-Import Headers on a K8

Post by bubbaflaat »

They changed the style of the headers that ssautochrome made. There is a first gen style and a second gen style. I have first gen, and you have to bend the Y pipe a little and do some other minor tweaking to install them. I've heard the second gen are direct bolt on.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

yes, the 2g ones are bolt on. The first gen ones need a few modifications and will run you a couple hundred at a garage.
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Ok so for thoose of you interrested i asked a few questions in this thread:
http://www.mx-3.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=005744

But im going back to my own because i didnt want to steal the other guys thread..

Now things isnt adding up here, Pat from Performance street import told me they sold out their stock of the "Real" street import headers and couldent get anymore bacause the firm making them went out of buiseness...

The dudes at SSAutochrome "Thoose who copyed the street import headers" Dont answer back on any mails regarding headers for the MX..

So i guess thats just how a ****ty company tells you they havent got them anymore either..

I then was told the OBX headers didnt fit right on the MX most likely because theyre like the first generation of SSAutochrome headers, they need a lot of work to be put on and appartently is missing the EGR pipe that goes from the header to the EGR..

Now the really wierd part comes, i found a european company that sells The headers that Street import was selling "the real hotshot knockoffs that we know fit for sure"

And they told me they were out of stock but that they are on order and that they should have them in about 2 months :)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Hotshots are $500 shipped. Still expensive though.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

yeah Tsimiata but im from Denmark and i know the shipping would have cost me about 100$ so 600$ was actually a quite good guess..
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

mx almere I know that, theyre the company that gets them back in stock in a couple of months :)
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

ok i'll chime in on this one.....obx is the actual company that makes them or has them produced/distributed.....ssautochrome is the wholesaler/retailer and pat from psituning is strictly a retailer..............the first gens were pacesetter knockoffs which apparently flows the best and makes the most power(7-9whp) but sounds ****ty b/c of the unequal length secondaries and also have fitment issues....the second gens where hot shot knockoffs which gives no more then 2-3 whp and sound is better and no fitment issues.......in conclusion buy a test pipe :) and save money and make more power!!!!!
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

nvrsrndr are you guessing or do you know this?? It would make sense especially if theyre producing the OBX Headers in the UK or Taiwan or something...

But if what youre saying is true then the OBX headers on ebay will fit our MX with the only exception of relocating the cat like on the other sets..

But why arent The OBX folks advertising them to fit on the MX-3 then, they would get more sold that way :confused2:

And the thing with the testpipe wont work with our laws, im just going to combine the headers with a highflowcat, that is if i ever find a set of headers LoL
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

Bahhh Ill just sit it out and wait, someone is bound to start making more MX headers... right? :confused:
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

Just to let you know guys that we are able to get another batch of headers. We are taking pre orders until December 31st.

http://www.mx-3.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=000024
chertel

Post by chertel »

stock 1.8L with these headers, would they improve performance much or just make the engine sound better. I already have a high flow cat and tip which make the engine sound good already so If I put these headers on would it be even louder? or improve much in performance?
Thanx for any reply!
Macen

Post by Macen »

I'm lifting this thread.
I really want to know which ones to get.
OBX are $100 more expensive than SSAutoCrome.

I also want to know what brand these headers, that Dennis linked to, are:
http://www.jeroentje.nl/index.php?page= ... id=8010401
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
Neil

Post by Neil »

Macen wrote:I'm lifting this thread.
I really want to know which ones to get.
OBX are $100 more expensive than SSAutoCrome.

I also want to know what brand these headers, that Dennis linked to, are:
http://www.jeroentje.nl/index.php?page= ... id=8010401
I remember reading a while back a thread that was made by Gro? or somone else that showed all the differences between the different headers available for our car. I know me telling you this doesnt help but if you wanna go through some old posts you might be able to find it.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Macen

Post by Macen »

Yeah, I read the FAQ.
Read a few threads on probetalk also, and it seems that Hot Shot is the best to get. "Precise fitment, most expensive, ceramic coated rvs equal length all the way down, sounds the best."

I wonder where I can buy them though.

EDIT: I found them at Corksport:
http://corksport.com/store/category/53h ... ntake.html

$536 is way too expensive though. Think i will stick to SSAutocrome instead.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”