Millennia intake ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mightym0use5

Millennia intake ?

Post by mightym0use5 »

I have a kl-ze and i am currently using my 1.8 IM and TB. I just got my IM and TB from 96 millenia. My question is which injectors (kl-ze, 1.8, or millennia) would work best.
I am using the 1.8 vaf with a kl-36 ecu.

I have also been searching for any tips or trouble people ran into when installing the IM. Please let me know if i need to do anything out of ther normal, like taking the VRIS out of the kl-ze and putting them into the millennia IM.

One more question -what do you guys suggest to clean the IM and TB. Thank you for your patience in reading all this.
papa roached

Re: Millennia intake ?

Post by papa roached »

from what i understand, just use the ZE injectors, drop it in, plug everything in and should run fine, dont need to chance anything, i have a 97 Millenia intake and TB and thats what i was told

<small>[ April 20, 2004, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: papa roached ]</small>
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If the injector colors are the same, then you can use either the KLZE or Millenia. If they are different colors, then definitely swap over the KLZE injectors to the Millenia intake manifold. If the injectors are different colors, that means they're different flow rates. If you put on injectors too big or too small, it can mess with your drivability and/or fuel economy.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

and destroy your motor
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

The Manifold swaps over with no changing anything. Don't mess with VRIS. There is no chance that you have different color injectors if you have the correct manifold. FYI: the injectors for the klze and kl03 are the same red top ones(220cc). The Millenia S (the supercharged one) has a totally different manifold(which will not work for our engines) and comes with burgundy injectors (which flow at a higher rate).
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

buuy new intake manifold gaskets for a millenia, dont try to reuse the old ones.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

yes, big one there, new gaskets

mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

Thanks for all the help guys
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

Do you guys think it is possible to use the kl-ze fuel rails with the injectors with the Millennia IM?
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

hsouldnt be a prob i dont think

Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

the KLZE fuel rail = millenia fuel rail, so why mess with it?
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by mightym0use5:
Do you guys think it is possible to use the kl-ze fuel rails with the injectors with the Millennia IM?
Like I said, check the colors. Everyone here is pretty sure they're the same, but I've seen some info that suggests cetain KLZE have different injectors than others. But they should be the same. If they are the same color, just leave them alone when you swap since they're the same exact thing.

I repeat, only swap them if they are different.
mightym0use5

Post by mightym0use5 »

To make it clear for the future. The injectors that came from the millennia have a cyan color. (And it did not come from a type S).
The injectors from my kl-ze have red color. So according to what you guys have said I am going to use the ze injectors (red) and fuel rail.
-Again thank you for your help
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by mightym0use5:
To make it clear for the future. The injectors that came from the millennia have a cyan color. (And it did not come from a type S).
The injectors from my kl-ze have red color. So according to what you guys have said I am going to use the ze injectors (red) and fuel rail.
-Again thank you for your help
Cyan is a fancy name for blue, right? Then yes, swap the reds in.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

so are you guys saying that 96 millenia manifold came with different injectors?..anyone would know the flow rate?..
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”