hey system check ...

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions

Re: hey system check ...

Post by Guest »

Alpine CDA7965 deck, alpine spr 176a components, alpine spr174a coaxials, alpine 1" silk soft dome tweeters for rear, alpine mrv-f407 4-channel amp, 2 clarion dpx1001.2 1000w amplifiers, 2 kicker s12l7's in custom fiberglass enclosure, all in all with the wiring and taxes inc. the total is $8800 canadian
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

you spent almost $9000 on your system, s--- man, thats a lot of money, you have to post pics of that, im sure it pounds like no others though, postem forsure
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

MR MX-3 -- that sounds like an awesome setup man! Get some pics up! Buy a digi from a store, take some pics, and then take it back if you have to!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Post by Guest »

hahaha nonono, that's not how much I spent. That's how much it's worth. I work at a shop so I get 20% off of dealer cost on all my stuff that I want to buy. hehehe I'll take pictures in the spring, right now she's half ripped apart. I'm redoing the trunk, and taking out the back seats to extend some custom work, also having a 7" screen and 5" screen sent in once i get some more money. Until then i just have to work on my fiberglassing skills to make a nicer looking install
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

i was gonna say, but 20% off makes a big diff, i thought if you spent that much on a system, your car was probally retailed at about 30 grand, yeah go buy a camera then take it back like someone else said
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Golliwog

Post by Golliwog »

Ok<P>Sony Xplod deck, dunno, old school model it's like 3-4 years old now. I'm going to replace this soon..<P>Pioneer 6.5's all around powered by the deck<P>2 12 inch Volvenhag 1000 watt subs powered by a legacy 1800 watt (900 watt x 2) amp.<P>I bought the speakers and deck new. The Subs and Amp I got new as well, but I bought them off ebay for about 400 cnd total. Pretty sweet deal really, which is why I got them. In the process of installing them now, so I'll let you know how they sound.<P>Total cost ... ~ 1100-1200 cnd<P>I want to get a pair of 6x9's and an amp for them soon as well as getting a new deck. Any suggestions?
-Golli
xtreme_X

Post by xtreme_X »

well i have 6x5 and 6x9 rockford fosgate both speaker is support by 2 orion 150.2 cobalt amps each carries at least 300watts<BR>And for subs i carry 2 12 of xtr pro 12d also by orion, it has at least 600 watts and something about 1200 watts peak and power by 2 hcca 250g4 amp it has around least 700 watts,oh yeah i forgot about my deck is a panasonic i forgot the code number,all i could say is it has bright blue colours at night look nices and it also connects to a cd-changer of 10 or 12 i forgot i hardly used it since i burn all my music.there's alot more but i forgot the name of the wiring and battery support. around 5000-6000 dollar bill canadian cash. <P>my pride and joy the mx-3
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

Hiya all, I don't have the greatest system in the world but I think it looks pretty sweet and that is all that matters :D<BR>Currently I have 2 12' MTX thunders 6000s in a green plexie glass box with blue neon around each sub, These are running off a Power Acoustic Gothem Series Amp, Sony Xplod 5x8s in the back behind the seat belt things, and the stock speakers up front. I removed the trunk cover thing and in it's place I added a board that I made and put 2 sony xplod 6x9s in it, I have a sony xplod 8050 deck (I think that is the model number LOL)and a sony xplod 10-disc cd changer hiding in the trunk with my subs LOL (If anyone else has a cd changer about the same size and was able to mount it somewhere in the car drop me a line I would like to move it but can't find a good spot)I have some pictures of some of the stuff in my car but in the sub box I have the orginal subs that came with the box I haven't gotten around to updating the pics since I added the new subs and the board with the 6x9's<P> Image Image Image [img]Http://member%20s.rogers.com/lil.law/darksub.JPG[/img]
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

wow sorry I didn't realize those pictures were so damn big LOL, I noticed the last picture didn't come up cause I did a typo so instead of adding it I am just gotta give you the option of viewing it by posting the URL, again sorry bout those massive pics. <A HREF="http://members.rogers.com/lil.law/darksub.JPG" TARGET=_blank>http://members.rogers.com/lil.law/darksub.JPG</A>
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

bah @ you all and your sony/rockford debate...throw both out the window and get eclipse highs. i have an Eclipse CD5442 with eclipse 6.5s up front and kicker 6.5s in the rear (coaxials) and it sounds BEAUTIFUL. no distortion. i had a pair of kicker L7 10s off a Viper 2500.d, but i sold it (i work at a stereo shop, it wasn't really mine) and now all i have is a pair of Kicker Comp 12s...still bumps tho, but i want more bass! and LiL-Law, that is a badass box!!
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

throw your eclipse out the window, and set up those new alpine type r 15" subs, why would you place anything other then alpine into a fine car like an mx :p
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

Thanks paragon did you see the pic where I didn't use the flash so you could see the neon all lit up, the only problem is I can't use too big of a sub and only certain subs will fit into it LOL, if I use too big of a sub I have a very good chance of blowing apart the plexie glass, and if the holes don't match in the subs I can't go drilling new holes in the glass like I would in a normal wood box =/
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

-Alpine cda 7875 motorized flip face cd in silver$350<BR>-Alpine sps 6.5" speakers all around$120<BR>-6.5 speakers hooked up to a ppi 4 channel amp$130<BR>-1- 12" alpine type r dvc sub $130<BR>-sub hooked up to an eclipse amp $50<BR>-all wiring is lightening audio and my 4 ch rca is monster audio $150<BR>almost a grand total but the cd player i got from free bc i caught the kid who broke into my dads car and made him get me somthing good or im callin the cops<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

deck -Kenwood d-mask+ KDC-x715 = $520<BR>font speakers -Blaupunkt Overdrive components = $200<BR>back speakers -Cheaper Blaupunkts = $25<BR>Sub amp -Power acoustik fire & ice f12x-820= $400<BR>Front speaker amp - Lanzar opti 702 = $200<BR>Subs - 2 12" Clarion SRM3081 = $300<BR>Sub box -Home/custom made to spec =$ 40<BR>Amp cover - home/custom made =$40<P>And a viper 300hf alarm system = $380<P>Total = $2105<P>guys go vist my site tell me wat u think, there , is still a lot more work that need to be done to the sytem
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

It doens't matter how much your system cost, its how well you make the equptment sound.<P>70% install 30% equptment. So you run Focal? Or Dynaaudio? If your install is crap, then it can sound like crap. Someone running Pioneer with an awesome install could make your $10,000 system sound like crap.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”