hey system check ...

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mx3man83

hey system check ...

Post by mx3man83 »

Hey im just wondering what everyone has and how much they have spent. As for myself, I have an Aiwa deck(its like the cdc 227x or something like that), rockford Fosgate 6.5's up front, sony explod 6x9's in the back(full range), 2 ten inch pioneer subwoofers(500 watts each, in enclousre), 600 watt baja amp for the subs, 100 watt pioneer amp for the 6x9's. I got alot of good deals on all of this, my total is around 450 dollars.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Re: hey system check ...

Post by mx3man83 »

OH yeah i forgot, my 6x9's are set on high pass and my 6.5's are just set with the deck...what does everyone think? It sounds hella good...any suggestions??
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

Alpine CDA-7892<BR>MMATS d300HC<BR>Digital Designs DD9515<BR>SVR 80-12<BR>220 amp H/O Alternator<BR>1/0, 4 awg and 8 awg wires<BR>-----<BR>its easily 1500, probably closer to 2 grand.<P>Next year I am adding on a lot more<P>Either another MMATS amp, or some other amp combo to give me 4k+, 2 more batteries(SVR 80-12), and probably all new wires..... 155dbs w/ one sub, here I come!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Moe_maX

Post by Moe_maX »

I have a Sony Explod CDX-8050, with a 10-disc changer. I'm running two 12 inch Pioneer Premier Subs ("High Booms" 500 watts RMS a piece) in a ported box powered by a JL 500/1. Rockford Fosgate Fanatic 6.5" speakers up front and 6" Sony Explod speakers in the rear, both powered by a Rockford Fosgate 400.4. Had to replace the stock alternator with a 125 amp one,added a Optima Yellow Top Battery. 4 awg and 8 awg wires throughout plus Distribution block. and now i'm going deaf... lol <P>In Total I spent around $5000+... :D :D :D<P>[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: Moe_maX ]<P>[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: Moe_maX ]<p>[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: Moe_maX ]
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

ouch man, that sucks that it cost you so much! If I had 5 grand for a system... whoa, that'd be bad a--!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Moe_maX:<BR>[QB]I have a Sony Explod CDX-8050, with a 10-disc changer. I'm running two 12 inch Pioneer Premier Subs ("High Booms" 500 watts RMS a piece) in a ported box powered by a JL 500/1. Rockford Fosgate Fanatic 6.5" speakers up front and 6" Sony Explod speakers in the rear, both powered by a Rockford Fosgate 400.4. Had to replace the stock alternator with a 125 amp one,added a Optima Yellow Top Battery. 4 awg and 8 awg wires throughout plus Distribution block. and now i'm going deaf... lol <P>In Total I spent around $5000+... :D :D :D<P>You must be talkin canuck cash,ain't no way that cost 5g USD.<P> :eek:
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

even canadian bills, thats too much... I hope he is exaggerating his canadian dollars...
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

304N

Post by 304N »

i know i have spent well over $3500 just this past week...i havethe kenwood kdc-719 head unit,kenwood din sized eq kgc-9044, 2 rf 15' power hx2's, 2 rf power punch 1000's, 2 pair of alpine 6 1/2 separates spr-176A, 2 rf 1.0 capacitors, and a yellow top optima battery, plus all the necessary wiring, fuse blocks, etc....i had my box custom built and i did all my own installation of the rest...next weekend i am getting 2 4' t.v. screens in the visors with a dvd player in the glove box...i am also gonna get a screen on the dash but have not decided whether to get a 5.6' or 7' yet...
http://members.cardomain.com/str8304 <p>"JUST TRYIN' TO BLEED THE BLOCK"
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

304N -- you definately spent a lot of money on you system, but you could have gotten some better quality stuff for that kind of money. I am not knocking that equipment in any way(RF is not ghetto by any means...), but if I had 3500$ to spend, I wouldn't go w/ an all out RF system. Also, that one Optima Battery and stock alt(I assume) is not gonna cut it. Those RF 1000's will drain your power like mad...<P>and also, go fr the 5.6 or 6" screens in the visors... 4" screens aren't as impressive as 6" screens are.<P>But hey -- be sure to post pics!! And TURN IT UP :D!<P>[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]<p>[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: BumpNGlow ]
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3man83:<BR><STRONG>Hey im just wondering what everyone has and how much they have spent. As for myself, I have an Aiwa deck(its like the cdc 227x or something like that), rockford Fosgate 6.5's up front, sony explod 6x9's in the back(full range), 2 ten inch pioneer subwoofers(500 watts each, in enclousre), 600 watt baja amp for the subs, 100 watt pioneer amp for the 6x9's. I got alot of good deals on all of this, my total is around 450 dollars.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Do yourself a favor and ditch the sony speakers then hit yourself in the head with a tackhammer<BR> Image . J/K, but really if you're looking for high quality sound, sony speakers dont cut it.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
304N

Post by 304N »

well i was going with the 4' screen for one because i wanted to try and keep the stock mirrors in the visors..and two i didn't even think to see if the 6.5' screens would fit in the visors....i might have to have a new box built so i can fit another battery in the car for the stereo.....see, i still have my back seat in the car....all my amps,dis block, and caps are mounted on the side of the box....out of site....the box is flush with the speaker grills and is contoured like a slope to go with the back part of the seat....it looks tight...everyone always asks where the hell my amps, etc are...my altezzas shpuld be coming anyday now since they were sent on the 16th....i ordered some 18' arrelli spiga rims (chrome)...can't wait wait to put them on...once i get everything in, i will post pics
http://members.cardomain.com/str8304 <p>"JUST TRYIN' TO BLEED THE BLOCK"
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

well for now i have a clarion head unit, 2 6.5 inch mtx midbasses, 2 alpine tweeters, ultimate crossovers, L.A. Sound Laguna 800 watt amp, and last but not least lol, 2 10" jensen subs<P>i plan to get 2 new amps and a 15 in the near future<P>oh yeah and my system cost me a total of less than 100 bucks
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><STRONG><P>Do yourself a favor and ditch the sony speakers then hit yourself in the head with a tackhammer<BR> Image . J/K, but really if you're looking for high quality sound, sony speakers dont cut it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>sorry buddy, these speakers are excellent. I get excellent high and mid sounds from them. These sound better than my rockford fosgates.
My Cardomain site
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3man83:<BR><STRONG><P>sorry buddy, these speakers are excellent. I get excellent high and mid sounds from them. These sound better than my rockford fosgates.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well if you're happy with them then by all means keep them. You cant compare your sets of speakers cause one set is 6.5 and the others are 6x9's. 6x9's this side of jensen always sound better than 6.5's due the extra mass to produce sound. And unless you have funnel running from the rear speakers to your ears you're not gonna hear any highs from a hatch. I would recommend a mid-range driver speaker like infinity, alpine (NICE :eek :), or pioneers high end model if you're looking to stay mainstream. Personally, i had the sony 6x9's, and they were the first thing to go when i opted to create a true SQL sound stage. I tend to stay away from stereo products you can find at wal mart.<P>The rest of your setup sounds nice. The only other thing i would question is the sound quality of your baja amp. I've heard bad things about them but have no personal experience.<P>But hey man its your system, if you're happy with what you got then rock on Image Image
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><STRONG><P>Well if you're happy with them then by all means keep them. You cant compare your sets of speakers cause one set is 6.5 and the others are 6x9's. 6x9's this side of jensen always sound better than 6.5's due the extra mass to produce sound. And unless you have funnel running from the rear speakers to your ears you're not gonna hear any highs from a hatch. I would recommend a mid-range driver speaker like infinity, alpine (NICE :eek :), or pioneers high end model if you're looking to stay mainstream. Personally, i had the sony 6x9's, and they were the first thing to go when i opted to create a true SQL sound stage. I tend to stay away from stereo products you can find at wal mart.<P>The rest of your setup sounds nice. The only other thing i would question is the sound quality of your baja amp. I've heard bad things about them but have no personal experience.<P>But hey man its your system, if you're happy with what you got then rock on Image Image </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>dude who do u think u are?? You have not heard my system, I DO get excellent highs from the hatch. I'm glad you think your all bad, but dont say things before you know.
My Cardomain site

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”