Why does Ford claim to have Mazda?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
macnwigs

Why does Ford claim to have Mazda?

Post by macnwigs »

I know this thread was around before, but I was on the Mazda.com web site and there is a link to Ford on the bottom right corner. When you click there it says "we invite you to take a look at other quality members of the Ford Motor Company" and it includes other brands that they have bought including Jaguar, Mercury, Lincoln.<P>What's Up?
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
ProtegeSTS

Re: Why does Ford claim to have Mazda?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Ford owns a controlling share of Mazda. They share platforms, and engines, and technology and stuff. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

In some countries fords and mazdas come out of the same factory using same engines and other parts that are similar. :roll:
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i think that actually mazda owns ford..
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG>i think that actually mazda owns ford..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ford owns the controlling portion of mazda.<BR>As I believe, Ford bought the controllion portion of Mazda back in the early 90's or late 80's when they were having financial issues. The call it a "partnership".<p>[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
EvilSnot

Post by EvilSnot »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG><P>Ford owns the controlling portion of mazda.<BR>As I believe, Ford bought the controllion portion of Mazda back in the early 90's or late 80's when they were having financial issues. The call it a "partnership".<P>[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think he meant Mazda OWNS Ford, lol :p
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EvilSnot:<BR><STRONG><P>I think he meant Mazda OWNS Ford, lol :p</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yep thats what i heard. maybe not all of ford but pretty big chunk of it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

it is a partnership. they both own shares of each other. unfortunately they get together and build vehicles. which in my opinion gives mazda a bad name [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
pelado

Post by pelado »

Ford owns 55% of Mazda stock. This gives them a controlling vote in Mazda business. Mazda does NOT have a controlling ownership of Ford stock. This would take much more money than Mazda ever thought about having.<BR>Ford also owns Aston Martin and Jaguar.<P>Mazda MX-6s, 626s, and Probe GTs have been manufactured in Flat Rock, MI. I don't know what rolls out of there now. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”