Why is everything so exspensive?? Where can i find cheap

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MazdaMx3Jaymz

Why is everything so exspensive?? Where can i find cheap

Post by MazdaMx3Jaymz »

Every thing for our car is so exspensive. Does anyone know where you can get parts that are not so exspensive. I wish I had the money to spend but, I'm only 17 I can only afford so much. <BR> thanks!<BR> Jamie
ProtegeSTS

Re: Why is everything so exspensive?? Where can i find cheap

Post by ProtegeSTS »

high school is the place where you can throw the most into your car....get a job. <P>When i was in highschool, i put a bunch of money into the car...then i went to college, and putting money into the car = gas and oil changes...i havent really done much in the last 1.5 years.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

You will not find a cheaper import to do an engine swap on than a MX-3. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>What parts are you talking about? Performance or rice?
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i'm 17 too and i've learned a few things while fixing up my mx...which i still am. it's not a race. if you think it's a race, then you must be a big show-off type person and like to showoff. just be patient, relax, save up your money, and spend it WISELY...don't spend it on things you don't necessarily need...unless you want to waste your money. i've spent lots of money for my mx. all i did was get:<BR>-new tires<BR>-rims <BR>-muffler<BR>-interior neon tubing and lights<BR>-wiring for the neon<BR>-a speedhut.com reverse gauge<BR>-interior paint<BR>i know that neon tubing isn't NECESSARY, but i learned that the hard way...actually, i ended up liking the neon tubing. i still have a long way to go before i'm satisfied. here are my future plans...which may be complete in around a couple months to a whole year:<BR>-xenon headlights or piaa<BR>-body kit<BR>-new rims<BR>-tinted windows<BR>-new stereo system...speakers and receiver and 6-cd changer only<BR>-paint job<BR>-glass projectors<BR>-steering wheel<BR>-intake<P>just remember...spend your money wisely and be patient. some of the best cars didn't happen overnight.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
MazdaMx3Jaymz

Post by MazdaMx3Jaymz »

okay people, I have a job, I'm not a big show off person, Civics are much cheaper to do things to. Putting a GSR engine in , very cheap. I like the look of my Mx3. But unlike some people i have to pay for my own car payments and my own insurance. My mommy and daddy don't pay it for me!!
MazdaMx3Jaymz

Post by MazdaMx3Jaymz »

Sorry i snapped, but all the kids down here's parents buy them everything and it drives me crazy. They all have nice cars because their parents buy them for them. I had to buy my own and well i'm proud. I'm just sorry i snapped.
back alley

Post by back alley »

hang tight, it all comes with time.
Josh Fxcking Blair

Post by Josh Fxcking Blair »

A good way to have your car be just as good as the rich kids cars is to slash their tires and key their cars. They'll cry, but since their parents pay for everything, then they pay for that too. Keep on doing it repeatedly for extra fun.
My anti-drug is <I>bourbon</I>.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fxcking Blair:<BR><STRONG>A good way to have your car be just as good as the rich kids cars is to slash their tires and key their cars. They'll cry, but since their parents pay for everything, then they pay for that too. Keep on doing it repeatedly for extra fun.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>haha good idea. well don't worry. at least you're keeping it real...unlike those kids that you mentioned that are spoiled...they'll be like that the rest of their lives and won't have anyone to help them when they're alone, but you'll be ready because you learned from experience and you'll have a nice mx3 too =P
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

wait a minute...you have a job? what are ya worrying about then? i'm unemployed and all of my lunch money is put into my car. hahah. i should be the one complaining about cheaper items...you kids with your jobs and stuffz. =)
- team slideways
Q187

Post by Q187 »

I'm 17 too man....I've had my MX for about 8 months and I've been able to save up enough for a few things. (no engine mods yet).<P>Rims<BR>Tires<BR>Painted whipers, interior AC vents<BR>Rear Mud Guards<BR>Front Nose Bra<BR>Sony Deck<BR>New speakers (2 way pioneer)<BR>10 Disc Changer<BR>Tented Windows (brand new, looks great)<P>Just hang in there and save up man.
codene

Post by codene »

i just turned 18 monday and my car looks decent so far<BR>-rims<BR>-exhaust<BR>-tinted windows<BR>-red neon<BR>-panaonic p630 head unit<BR>-2 JL 12's (w/no amp :)<BR>- i also have a really cool air freshener
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

The fastest way to make money is what i did. Work...save your money and sell anything you can on ebay, i made a couple grand selling useless junk on ebay. God bless that place. Im 19, i sold all my video games, stereo equipment and many other things. I just sold my super nintendo and got a good chunk of change for it. Im telling you ebay is a blessing, use it to your advantage.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

by the time i was 18, i had...<P>16" wheels and tires<BR>springs,<BR>struts,<BR>crossdrilled rotors,<BR>clutch, <BR>intake,<BR>cat-back,<BR>CD player<BR>replacement speakers.<P>I dont see the problem... i have to pay for my insurance, and the car as well. And i was making crap money.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MazdaMx3Jaymz:<BR><STRONG>okay people, I have a job, I'm not a big show off person, Civics are much cheaper to do things to. Putting a GSR engine in , very cheap. I like the look of my Mx3. But unlike some people i have to pay for my own car payments and my own insurance. My mommy and daddy don't pay it for me!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>KL-ZE is 800 bucks if you know the right people. GS-R swap also requires a lot more work. And isnt going to give you near the performance gains.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”