Mileage question

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
thrashmechanix

Mileage question

Post by thrashmechanix »

I just registered on this forum for my beautiful white '93 Mazda Mx-3, and quite unfortunately, I know next to nothing about cars. <P>My brother moderates a forum exactly like this one for his Eclipse GT, and highly recommended I find one for my car, because it would allow me to learn godly amounts of knowledge about my car. So far, I am definitely impressed.<P>Anyways, my question is this. From everyone I know who drives Mx-3's, they get pretty darned good mileage on their car, yet mine gets 20 mpg. Considering the ten gallon capacity of the tank, and the amount of miles I put on the car a day, it's pretty often that I stop for gas. Does anyone get similar mileage? How can I increase the miles per gallon on my car? And no, I am not a very fast or reckless driver. <P>Anny help would be greatly appreciated. <P>--Cory Kraus :o
VizualXTC

Re: Mileage question

Post by VizualXTC »

Hmm, I could suggest getting a performance muffler. They increace HP as well as fuel economy. Next I would put synthetic fluids in to help fight resistance caused by friction. There are a few things out there like Spiralmax (http://www.spiralmax.com) that claim to increase HP and MPG as well, but I havn't heard alot of good things from the peeps on this site about it. Try not to haul alot of s--- around, and keep the engine compartment as clean as you can. Check your spark plugs and wires. Other than that I can't think of anything else. But hey, welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”