Smell from vents

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
axess

Smell from vents

Post by axess »

Hey guys and girls,<BR>I got a question about my vents. With the cold wheater now I started using my heater, and this is my first winter with my MX. Sometimes i get some wierd smeels from the vents, I get the impression that it smeels kind of like the exaust. Is this possible, what should I check ?<P>Also, while I'm at it, does every model have a low fuel gauge ? I ended up stranded trying to see if I had one. If there is one, wich position is it supposed to be at ?<P>thanks for your help.
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
Potatoes

Re: Smell from vents

Post by Potatoes »

Hey axess,<P>I had the same prob before... does the smell come when you turn on your heat??? Do you find that you have to fill your Antifreeze often?? Well... if so.. then you probably have a small leak in your heater core. The smell could be the smell of antifreeze.....
Manach

Post by Manach »

Humm, funny smells? Are your vents clean? I have been messing, and chaning my heater blower. Smells was funny for a while, but went away... If it is the first winter, the vents might not be clean, and the heat "burn" the dust, like an old home heater. Check for a leak too.<P>Also, not every model got there low fuel gauge. It is suppose to be a light, sooo little, at first I thought I had a prob with my engine. Check your around the fuel gauge, you might see something, maybe the light went out too... But many reported they don't have a low fuel gauge.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
axess

Post by axess »

Thanks for replys guys!<BR>I don't think it's antifreeze cause i never have to add some... I don't think it's the first winter this car is out, what I was saying is that it's my first winter that I own this car.<P>Anyways, I guess for now it's nothing to serious, I'll just blame the car in front when that smell comes :D
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”