mx-3 possibly for sale whats it worth

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
curve

mx-3 possibly for sale whats it worth

Post by curve »

I have a 93 GS with the 1.8 v-6 in it and Im thinking of getting rid of it. It set up in my garage for 2 years and was running when I parked it. I just recently decided to get it back out a mess with it to find out it wouldnt run. I put a new feul pump and filter, Changed the ECU out, put new NGK plug wires, distrbutor, Timming belt, and a water pump in it. This only made me mad b/c it still won't run. It has power mirrors, windows and they work. It has 140,000 miles on it and is a 5 speed. WHATS THIS CAR WORTH?????????????????<p>[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: curve ]</p>
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

1/4 mile times 13.46 at 103
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Re: mx-3 possibly for sale whats it worth

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

it sat for 2 years without ever being started up or changing out the gas? damnnnn :shrug:
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
curve

Post by curve »

no the gas was drained and run empty when I parked it b/c I knew it would be awhile before I got to mess with it again there wasnt a drop in the tank when i parke it though now Im just trying to get an idea of what its worth to someone who wants it
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

its really hard to say without knowing the problem..<p>if its just some stupid little thing that could be fixed easily, it could be worth a fair amount<p>if the tranny is shot (i dont see how it would be though), or something major, i really dont think you'll get much for it, unless someone wants to use it as their engine-swap car. just tough to really tell..
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
curve

Post by curve »

The tranny is fine in it and had just been overhauled about 5000 miles before it was parked

neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

could be compresion form sitting so long.
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Whenever you put away a vehicle, if you drain the tank completely, like you did, it will form rust inside the tank, you should have filled it up and put fuel stabilizer in it.
curve

Post by curve »

Okay so whats it worth

curve

Post by curve »

Anyone else have any input on my input on my situation

curve

Post by curve »

I really would like to know what this car is worth and I would also like to know if anyone is interested in buying it

thecause17

Post by thecause17 »

Honestly, I don't think you're going to get much for it as it is. Sure, the problem could be simple. But without knowing, not many people are going to be willing to take a chance on it being something major, and still pay a lot for it. If I were you, I'd look into the problem, and either fix it, or at least let the buyers know what they are up against. <p>As it is, I probably wouldn't give more than $750 for the car, just for the fact that it could be something major. Me, like most people, aren't pay much for something that could end up biting them big time.
'99 Ranger XLT Offroad 4.0 4x4
curve

Post by curve »

Well is this car worth swapping to someone with a running mx-3 and a good bit of cash or should I part it out and start over

Special Agent Medican Man

Post by Special Agent Medican Man »

sell it to me!! I would appreciate it
curve

Post by curve »

Agent Medican Man You Got Mail

curve

Post by curve »

Agent Medican Man You Got Mail

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”