How To Remove The Steering Wheel

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

How To Remove The Steering Wheel

Post by posey92 »

Little late but I was curious do I need a special puller to removr the steering wheel....my book is at home and lucky for me im in las vegas so I have two 24hr autoznes to rent the puller from if I need to...if I can just man handle it off im cool with that I just inly have timeat night to work on the car and im busy all day tomorrow...
RobMinhas

Re: How To Remove The Steering Wheel

Post by RobMinhas »

Remove the screws holding the center part of the wheel to the actual wheel, loosen the nut holding the actual wheel down to the steering column, keep the bolt on a tiny bit then just reef on it till it pulls out. Nut being partially on protects you from getting a face full of steering wheel when it finally comes loose.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
posey92

Post by posey92 »

Cool...I didnt actually expect an anser so ty very much...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RobMinhas wrote:Nut being partially on protects you from getting a face full of steering wheel when it finally comes loose.
It doesn't matter how many times you've done it and are expecting it and trying to be careful, it'll always happen....always...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
posey92

Post by posey92 »

Lol and im a little accident prone so itd def. Happen to me...ill put the wheel on this ecening and post pics for u guys...
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

First off does your SW have an air bag if so disconnect it or you could get hurt real bad. Secondly, I found having one person keep a steady pull on the wheel while you give the center shaft a whack with a hammer usually works.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Appearance”