HOW TO: DIYPNP Megasquirt for AZ-3 1.5 B5ZE

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
marcdh

HOW TO: DIYPNP Megasquirt for AZ-3 1.5 B5ZE

Post by marcdh »

This is a work in progress. The image describes the pins I have used for the AZ-3 JDM B5ZE. This has been stable for nearly a year now. I'll add in photos of circuit board and the firmware settings later. This setup is with the sequential injection add on board, which I'd recommend considering it's so little extra. Stock coil pack. Rx8 injectors. Most miata 1.6 info applies to this MS setup. "Use 15 pin" means you're using external sensors on the 15 pin connector - wideband 0-5v and the GM IAT sensor. You'll need to put a shielded pair through the firewall for the IAT.

AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mazdamx3bds
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: HOW TO: DIYPNP Megasquirt for AZ-3 1.5 B5ZE

Post by mazdamx3bds »

Here is the Megasquirt ECU that I currently have to install on my AZ-3

It is a Plug and Play unit from Stratified Auto for the 1990-1994 Mazda Protege 1800cc 4cycl DOHC NA engine.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/download/ ... D%20BP.pdf

Can you look at it compared to yours and identify the differences.

Regards
Supertech Forged Pistons, ARP Studs, ACL Bearings, Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, T3 50trim Turbo,Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Custom Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, Megasquirt V2, RX7 460cc Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”