HID kit

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

HID kit

Post by mitmaks »

I bought some aftermarket lights for my 01 Dodge Ram and want to install HID kit on low beam. Factory truck has 9007 light bulb. Aftermarket lights come with H7 light bulbs for low beam. I was wondering how I'd go about wiring HID kit to work with factory wiring.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: HID kit

Post by Daninski »

If no one replies I'll get my son to chime in. He just did his Mazda 3 and seems to know what the dealio is on these animals.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

they sent you the wrong bulb, send it back and get a replacement. Our civic has a HID kit with 9005 & 9006 with h11 for foglamps. They come in all different bases.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Sleeper6 wrote:they sent you the wrong bulb, send it back and get a replacement. Our civic has a HID kit with 9005 & 9006 with h11 for foglamps. They come in all different bases.
Bingo, I've installed a bunch of these in the last year, the bulbs should fit with no modification unless they're the wrong kit.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Here's the lights, as you can see they have H7 in projector for low beam. High beam is 9005.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-01-Dodge-Ram ... true&rt=nc
Here's wiring that comes with it. Basically takes 9007 factory male plug and splits it to run power to H7 and 9005.
I want to install HID kit between this adapter and actual headlights.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

And disable the DRL module
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”