Hail to all , italian owner of an US Mx3^^, some little que

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
alexlotta
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Hail to all , italian owner of an US Mx3^^, some little que

Post by alexlotta »

hi guys , i'm Alex , italian (city is Triest ,north east of Italy ).
I have a black 1992 mx3 , motorized belts , imported from U.S on 2008.

i would have some little question /info in my mind , just hope you can help.
(example , i had a failure on distributor and costed me a lot to replace it !!) .

1) have a noise on A.c , which part number -model would i have to look for ?
2) i heard about a mod for distributor , are there any infofor my '92 model doable in Italy (heard can break again)

...and some other little stuff for spare parts too look , for for safety at good price when i meet them .

thank you guys , gonna read through that wonderful forum in the following nights ;) .
https://www.facebook.com/alessandro.lotta or google Alessandro Lotta , i'm the rocker one Lolz.
kulluminati777

Re: Hail to all , italian owner of an US Mx3^^, some little

Post by kulluminati777 »

WELCOME! 1992? black? Nice! the same as mine!. I was also in italy and seen a few MX3´s I wonder if i had seen yours before and didnt realize it. How long have you had it?

You want to get your self familiar with this search.php

But here is some stuff on the HEI and external coil for your distributor.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=26506

And you a/c is loud? is it the belt screaming? is it the compressor clutch? were i the sound coming from? Does the A/C actually get cold?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
alexlotta

Post by alexlotta »

thanks! , its the fan of the AC , noise under 1000 , go silent above that .working .
I have my <Carlotta> (lLotta is my surname..go figure) from 2 years , but got imported in 2007/2008.
here photos
http://s162.photobucket.com/user/alexlo ... t=3&page=1

Yep did search and find diagrams for 96 mx3 , though is IMPOSSIBLE for me to do it.
I would have someone else to do it for me , or buy a pre-built kit somewhere perhaps?

Gonna read your link , much apreciated(do yu have that kit perhaps?).-
https://www.facebook.com/alessandro.lotta or google Alessandro Lotta , i'm the rocker one Lolz.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh wow i love it! Looks exactly like mine used to a few years ago. Auto seat belts and all. Very clean too! So the electric fan that cools the condenser is loud?

here is a link to a pre made wiring harness. You can select it with or with out a coil.

http://www.king6fab.com/hei.html
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
alexlotta

Post by alexlotta »

it's not the same now , i dont have a garage and from close distance you could see it's not so flawless as used to be in the photo (nothing major but paint has signs due to birds-crap and so on, and park signs gifts from other cars there and there on fender).

Also , recently i had rain leaked inside and i think it was the roof draintubes. A super kind guy of the uk-mx3 forum gave me tips and photos , and i managed to locate and clean the front-roof tubes from under the car using a "laundry" cable (metal cable wrapped with plastic).Rear tubes still to do , but last big rain did not leak.
___
You know , having that car in Italy is a PITA for parts and info.Also 92 parts differ (say distributor??Cra* that was expensive and difficult to find the right model , aftermarket for 200€ " T0T57071" ).
I see so many juicy parts for sale but those are always overseas ,sigh .
___
About the wireness ,thanks , gonna keep the link.

Now i will read about the other part i will need ,just i think it would be difficult to explain to a Tech how to do it in the case. So gonna look anyway for a cheap disty spare ( i did read it can fail again).
_
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

My distributor just failed T0T57071.
You can get a rebuilt one for a fairly decent price:

CARDONE SELECT Part # 8435620 {#F32Z12127C, KLY118200} (Electronic) (Only 4 Remaining)

rockauto.com

pricey shipping to Italy but looks to be from my calculation (used a random postal code in Italy)
227 USD / 168 Euro with discount code 1820465015654821

This also includes the cap and rotor so that saves you even more money. Usually the cap and rotor will cost you 15-25 Euro.

Mine works great!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I will ship you a known working disty for $50 + Shipping, if you like. It's from a '92 GS as well, so I assume interchange won't be a problem.

If shipping is a total pain, I can wiggle on the price for you, since you're so far away!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
alexlotta

Post by alexlotta »

Thank you! mRM. ,
Gonna look for a guy next week outside my city ,maybe he has the right disty one ( he does not know himself how to check).About shipping /customs (here we call them "legal thieves" ) , i live in city "Triest" (province is Triest also ), postal code 34100 , Italy.LAst times i did check used overseas stuff ended terrible, like you figured out.
I'm also interested in links for the HEI mod i did read this night , to get links for all the parts and then check patiently online (i did read the faqs butpart numbers are a bit vague, some terms say 2$ , like "coil bracket" but i end finding super expensive parts when i do web/bay-search).

About A/C , which part whould ibe looking for for a 92 U.s? A guy here on my ity has one , european , and a little garage of pieces dunno what to get/check.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

the coil bracket is to hold the msd blaster 2 coil in place so you can mount it to the frame. Image

You can make your own brackets if you need to.

If you get a used AC compressor, I would get an AC compressor from a newer model.
I do not know the regulations in Italy, but I believe globally R12 is gone. Which means, you will need to convert.
If you get a remanufactured/new compressor, go ahead and get one for the '92.
If you get a used compressor, get one from a 94+ MX-3 or MX-6 V6.
I got mine from a 95 MX-6 LS V6 2.5l.
You will also need to replace your AC accumulator/drier

You can get some ac "Flush" and remove the condenser, "flush" that clean
Remove the AC evaporator coil, replace the expansion valve... yo might as well replace the evaporator coil, they're cheap enough

then you should be able to convert to R134a just fine.
I have converted the whole AC a couple times, so if you need further help feel free to message me
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”