What's happening.............

Off-Topic Discussions
AaronTietje
antispam: No

What's happening.............

Post by AaronTietje »

Wow it seems like the mx-3 community is really shifting as of late.

Projects are being sold and major part outs are happening. (me included)

From the selling side of things, stuff is not going like it use to. :shrug:

I don't know if it's the time of year or if the community is taking another step toward extinction. (hope not) :shrug:

These are just my thoughts as of late and I'm wondering what you all are thinking.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Savin

Re: What's happening.............

Post by Savin »

I'm thinking a lot of people are just moving on to new things. As for me, I'm just having a real hard time getting any sort of attachment to my car. I'm more attached to my POS cavalier and sunfire than I am the mazda. I had no problem ordering new complete strut assemblies and getting new tires for my sunfire yesterday, but I can't even be bothered to fix the broken swaybar endlink on the mazda. :shrug:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Strange, this year my project has moved ahead the most, most thanks to the OP. However I guess Im just used to having a diminished cash flow it doesn't surprise me that most other owners would be as well, heck its taken me a whole year just to be able to afford the machine work on my engine but in reality its only being done because even if I saved that much other wise it still wouldnt put me closer to owning a better platform and it will lower future costs.

Modding for economics, sad huh?
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Ive just installed new ball joints on my mx3, as well as new struts, bellows and mounts. It's my daily driver and I take care of it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

did i just read the words cavalier and sunfire?!?! over the MX3?!?!?! You my friend need to do some serious thinking and re evaluate your priorities lol

Im chugging along on my "build" not much you can do when you have a wife and a kid to feed AND do the full time school thing. Once im done though ITS ON!!

As far as the community goes...its gone.....officially dead...

There are a few wanna be worklog type updates on the facebook page but it leaves you wanting more so i had to join the other global MX3 pages so i could get a healthy dose of MX3......

I LOVE seeing what others do to there cars but no one keeps us updated anymore....whats up with that

I wish this was a more larger group of owners....I would even settle being a owner during the haydays of MX3s....maybe 1992-2009 was the prime years.....
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Surgeonasst222

Re: What's happening.............okk

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Well Savin your mx-3 is your DD, most of the people on the site it is there DD. I think it is hard to find enjoyment in your car when you just beat the living crap out of it every day. So I understand your attachment issues, also doesn't help that anyone else shares the love your mx-3. It is really hard to love a car when everyone around either doesn't know what it is, or think your dumb for loving "that" car in the 1st place.

To touch on Aaron comment, he just had a kid Aaron. He might not have the time and rather have the money. Or have time but ran out of money. Or both have no time and no money... :(

As for your sales, you had a HIGH quality build! It was great, bad thing is your trying to sell high quality car bits to community that:

1. Has little money (in a recession)
2. Like half the people here wouldn't buy that high quality of in the 1st place.
3. Most people are like Savin and drive there mx-3 as DD's (less effort you want to put into a almost 20 year old car, cuz it will just break something major soon. So why make it look pretty if it is going to fall apart)
4. Time, we are all getting older, having kids, careers and such, less kids want these cars cuz there so old and us old people don't have the time, we basically have no next gen behind us...

I am sure I am missing more, but that's a big hill for such a small community to climb. There will always be people like josh and mark. In it for the long hull but they don't need to grow, they don't inspire anymore. Unless your like me and just sit for hours and read there 40 pages of worklogs.

Oooo now I remember!!!

5. ALL OUR RARE PARTS, are like hell rare. Most people have the parts here and either hoard them or letting them go unless we pry them from there cold dead hands. This make are mazdaspeed parts über expsive, it is very safe say I will never own anything mazdaspeed for the mx-3. Unless I find it in a junk yard on pure luck, this drives people away when the cool hard to find stuff is REALLY hard to find. Then after they find it is $700 to come from Japan, for one god dam part... :shock: I will stick with my cheap a-- parts from the states or hell EDM parts are not that bad.

Any way that's why I think we are moving down hill....

Agree/disagree

Thanks

Thanks
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
Savin

Post by Savin »

kulluminati777 wrote:did i just read the words cavalier and sunfire?!?! over the MX3?!?!?! You my friend need to do some serious thinking and re evaluate your priorities lol

Well the sunfire was my first fully functioning car and the cavalier was my first car I didn't have to let anyone else drive. It's also easier to work on those cars and a hell of a lot cheaper. Besides, corvette brakes bolt on and a 3800 Supercharged V6 bolts right up to the stock transmission. GM loved their parts interchangeability.

I don't think I'll ever be attached to a car as much as I was with my first mx-3. That rusty pile of scrap sat in my garage for over 3 years after it was taken off the road because I didn't want to get rid of it.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

I think the next generation thing is a very valid point (not that the others aren't). The mx-3 has gotten old enough now that it's not getting that "first love" status. New drivers aren't getting mom and dad's hand-me-down mx-3---There getting the old family mk4 vw or the grandam. :shrug:

I'm a little different in that I've never really been "attached" to a specific thing in my build. I've gotten rid of usdm, Jdm, and MS parts.......yah there was some cold dead hands in there.........but, I would say that I am rather attached to the platform.
mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

AaronTietje wrote:Wow it seems like the mx-3 community is really shifting as of late.

Projects are being sold and major part outs are happening. (me included)

From the selling side of things, stuff is not going like it use to. :shrug:

I don't know if it's the time of year or if the community is taking another step toward extinction. (hope not) :shrug:

These are just my thoughts as of late and I'm wondering what you all are thinking.
Wow, did I start something? :lol:

I would agree that the community is fairly dead on here. Alot more posting on the facebook page I would say.

I always get excited when I have an update to share and wish others would update more often.

Maybe some members just don't have the time or an mx3 for that matter... :shrug:
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

I really... Personally don't think it is that bad here...

I mean ya there isn't a TON of people here, but I feel like I know people a little better on here and seem to trust people generally.

We are a small group, but at least I know I can text a few people on my phone and they will answer with no prob.

This means a aunnal national meet should be easy to set up ;)
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Yeah, true... it has become a lot more quit on these boards.

Car is getting older, less love from people, facebook is catching up on a lot of forums ( a shame because the search isn't that good on FB), and just a downward trend.

I just said to a buddy of mine last weekend, Mx3 part prices have dropped like a stone in the past 2-3 years.
First everybody wanted to have everything, now, nobody wants anything (except uberrare stuff)

Anyways, for me, I'm just keep on going strong. Car hasn't been running decently in 3 years but doing good stuff.
Tonight I've been working on re-wiring my engine bay wires. Nice loom etc.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

I'm new here, so I cant say much..... However, it looks like things are slowing down on here (from lurking a while).

However, I'm moving forward on my project, and I like it alooooooot. 8) :twisted:
ZOOM-ZOOM
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I exist, but I still hide in the shadows. I think things stay more civil on the forums than fb though, so I prefer it here.
Cody
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Caleb T wrote:I'm new here, so I cant say much..... However, it looks like things are slowing down on here (from lurking a while).

However, I'm moving forward on my project, and I like it alooooooot. 8) :twisted:

+1

I think that we will always have a mild slow stream of people, new kids coming in and stubborn folks who are holding on the out cars. I think this car is awesome, I will be holding on to her as long as I can. I even can't wait to bring her back to her metallic raspberry glory. :lol: :2thumbsup:

It might just be having to wait for us family going people to hopefully hand down the car, and have a fresh batch of MX'rs, I want to hand mine down to my little man, he tells me that it should go faster, LOL
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

My kids are excited about getting a mx-3. Both my 4yr old boy and 9yr old girl. I really hope that I can have one of each for them when they are ready to drive. :D

Return to “Off-Topic”