PAINT PROBLEM...Ahhhhh!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MrsOzx

PAINT PROBLEM...Ahhhhh!!!

Post by MrsOzx »

Has anyone else had trouble with their paint peeling off??? I washed my car this morning and when I sprayed the hood a 6 inch strip of paint came off!! Now I noticed that right below the hatch on the back I have no paint what so ever!!! Ahhhhh! I dont have time to have it painted right now, so is there any way to stop it for the time being? I have to do something.. Someone actually pulled up next to me earlier and asked me if it was a Chevy!! :mad: :mad: <P>Please help before I go postal!
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
bayoumx-3

Re: PAINT PROBLEM...Ahhhhh!!!

Post by bayoumx-3 »

I have had a 92 miata and my 92 mx-3 do that to me they were both white.All I can tell you is get ready to paint.
Live hard, drive fast, back down to no one.
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

What color is your car? I have a --slight-- paint peel problem around the hatch and passenger side rear bumper cover, only because it's been repainted and wasn't clear coated. Heh.<P>If the car is silver, it's gonna peel/fade anyways -- it's just the way silver paint goes. Why else don't you see many decent silver paint jobs? :p
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

It is white I dont know why it is doing it but its really pi$$n' me off. :mad:
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
farney

Post by farney »

I have a white 92 RS and have had to repaint the same spot on the hatch..plus the passenger door and part of the paint above the dirvers door. You are in the same boat I was. Mine is repainted now.
White 1992 MX-3 RS. Pacesetter exhaust, custom intake, and custom rear lower tie bar.
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

i was told by a dealer that around 92 mazda was playing with some new paint additives that made the paint extreamly hard but it made it not bound to the metal as well. dont know if its true but sound like a good explanation.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

To keep it from flaking any more, you can use CLEAR fingernail polish. Put a good coat of CLEAR nail polish on the edges of the paint (so it is sealed and cannot flake anymore. It will Look Pretty bad, but it should help to keep the paint from coming off any more in that area. At any rate, you will need a new paintjob to make it look good again. The Nail polish trick works pretty well on TINY areas (especially ones that are not in the middle of the hood or something). Like I said, it will look relly bad, but it will keep it from getting worse.
leelee1981

Post by leelee1981 »

My car is red and a 94 and it's peeling too around the drivers side door
EmmieMX

Post by EmmieMX »

My first MX3 was green and the entire hood was peeling off. One of my friends had this habit of peeling it off if she was standing outside my car. I just about bit her head off for it quite a few times. Then I got in a wreck and wound up with a new MX3. So, although I do sympathize, I dont have the solution. Sorry man.
I love my baby...what else can I say...

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”