Chat box?

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.
Josh
Supporting Member

Chat box?

Post by Josh »

Just a thought. A couple of other forums I am apart of have chat boxes at the top of the screen. What would it take to have a function like that?

It becomes quite cumbersome when you have to delete your messages when you are messaging someone online through the PM inbox.
Surgeonasst222
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Chat box?

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Agree and support :)
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Being that this site is phpBB driven,,,if I can put it that way it's usually just a matter of going to one of the open source sites and grabbing a chat box. At least that's my limited experience with phpBB. Good idea though.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

it seems like a neat idea but i imagine some good information would get lost there
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

its more of like a social thing... and almost like a quick troubleshooting box with more of the experianced members or a place to bounce ideas off of. Also a very good way for community "bonding"
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

I could almost see info getting lost but I don't think wed let anything that valuable go, This sound like a pretty good idea to me too.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

There is an issue with the chat function, while it would be nice for live communication, it would be private in nature... (or that's the message I recieved anyways). This can cause issues as it does not enable debate - like any public site, there are more opinions than facts. I do not want to offend anyone here, but I only trust a very small group of members. Bad info on these cars could be the end. We need to be selective, encourage debate and offer solutions that may be searchable to others.
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:There is an issue with the chat function, while it would be nice for live communication, it would be private in nature... (or that's the message I recieved anyways). This can cause issues as it does not enable debate - like any public site, there are more opinions than facts. I do not want to offend anyone here, but I only trust a very small group of members. Bad info on these cars could be the end. We need to be selective, encourage debate and offer solutions that may be searchable to others.
I agree there are some great minds here, I will be the first to say I don't know WTF I am doing. That's why I am doing a OEM rebuild and not a BP or KLZE swap. I think the chat is a good troubleshoot, but it could also mean your doom if you don't listen to what others have to say... Hell I don't belive half the stuff on here as till I read a work log about it.

It is a double edge sword, but I belive we get more pros than cons from having a chat box. I mean if u took joe blows info in the chat to heart and didn't search to back up his info...

Well in my mind u deserve the punishment of a broken car...
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Why don't you guys just use IRC? On the main Mx-3 page theres a thing for it.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

THere was a chat feature was eventually added here but was taken off while back in a Php upgrade, back when we had the MyGarage section. Both those features went away
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”