dubber's 92 rs

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
dubber084

dubber's 92 rs

Post by dubber084 »

Its pretty much stripped! Inside and out but it runs :)
Not bad for 300 bucks
It has spent the last 20 years in So. Arizona so the dash is all dried out and cracked, looks like the hood caught fire at some point or just due to the sun. Its ok though, i plan on getting a new hood anyway down the road.
Last edited by dubber084 on July 28th, 2013, 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
purple monster - 94 Mx3
Work in progress - 92 mx3
mazda915

Re: erin's 92 RS

Post by mazda915 »

Cool pics cant wait to see your progress on it!! :welder:
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
King58
antispam: No

Post by King58 »

Brings back memories from my build lol, look forward to seeing updates !

94' RS Sold
94' GS Sold

96' GS PROJECT XD
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Erin, if you still need any parts let me know! :)

I make frequent junkyard runs, and I would be happy to set up a bulk shipment for you if you need anything that you can't find locally.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
dubber084

Post by dubber084 »

Had a cracked resonator so got that removed, also decided to put on an actual muffler lol...look at those cobwebs!! LOL
Gotta love ebay with their 35 bucks mufflers lol
This looks and sounds so much better now : )
purple monster - 94 Mx3
dubber084

Post by dubber084 »

MrMazda92 wrote:Erin, if you still need any parts let me know! :)

I make frequent junkyard runs, and I would be happy to set up a bulk shipment for you if you need anything that you can't find locally.
Thanks! il have your number on speed dial! ;)
purple monster - 94 Mx3
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

That original muffler was pretty sweet, i would've kept it haha.

Next step, fenders!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
dubber084

Post by dubber084 »

Got the headlights, front bumper, and fenders put on today. Just grabbed some random ones from the junk yard they will do for now so i can drive around without bringing too much attention to myself lol
Right now there's not wiper switch, so its rigged up to a toggle switched connected to the lights lol.. will only only if the headlights are on
took a while to find but got lucky and my part finally came in all the way from Israel : )
purple monster - 94 Mx3
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Woooh, it's coming together! :D

Don't you love that moment when all of the body panels are finally in place? The completion of any project(or even steps of one) is such a satisfying moment!

You should write out a list of the parts that you are still missing, so I can start looking around. :) Those combination switches can be a pain by the way, I had to combine 2 of them to fix my original GS switch, it ended up being a hybrid of GS and RS, so I could keep the cruise control enabled.

If you have any issues with cruise, I'd be happy to walk you through the process.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
dubber084

Post by dubber084 »

yes it is a great feeling : )
now going to start putting the interior together. and pretty much rewire everything. the cigarette lighter port is all intact but no plug just the wires. i wonder if i could just get one of those universal plugs from autozone or walmart and wire it up.
purple monster - 94 Mx3
dubber084

Post by dubber084 »

Got some interior parts : )
Still a work in progress but i think im doing ok for myself lol
I have power yay! lol
purple monster - 94 Mx3
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I love seeing cars being brought back and saved! :D

Keep up the good work, she'll be complete and matching before you know it!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
dubber084

Post by dubber084 »

Replaced alternator today, and got a new fuel filter
Issues I ran into today lol. The brake lights were working, the horn wasn't working. So i changed all the bulbs, tails work fine, reverse lights work fine, but still no brake lights. Then I thought it was the wires, before i did that, noticed that the guy i bought the car off of removed a bunch of fuses lol. so went ahead and replaced them all. brake lights now work, but the horn would not shut up. So then i got it! that is why the guy removed the the fuse, but then that sucks, i need/want my brake lights. i figured since it was and has been so hot down here something must of burned out and is now causing the horn to just constantly blare out. had no idea how to fix this, so i thought maybe i could just removed the relay, i never really used my horn in my other cars anyway. But i didnt have to do that : ). after i put in my turn signal/wiper switches, i went ahead and installed an aftermarket steering wheel. Decided to try the fuse again.. and it works : ). Brake lights works with no issue with the horn. I guess the problem was my old steering wheel then .... idk
But now the wipers arent working! Before I had it rigged to go on (only the driver side would work) when the headlights were turned on. Spliced the wires into the wires that make the head lights turn on and off. So i was a little upset about that, but then i noticed.. there was no fuse in the wiper slot either LOL. Blonde moment i know : ).. but still the only the driver side wiper works and Im not sure why.
purple monster - 94 Mx3
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The horn is likely an easy fix!

When you remove the steering wheel cover, there is a little contact plate that depresses as you push the rubber "button" down, this contact plate connects a circuit which activates the horn. Try removing the spring that presses the plates apart, and stretch the spring out somewhat. This is a rather ghetto trick, but it has worked for me in the past with 2 different cars...

If that doesn't work, you could always disable the horn temporarily by unhooking it from the rotating electrical ring beneath the steering wheel cover(sits above the combination switch).

Oops, I just read the bottom of your post... :freak: If you decide to use the OEM wheel in the future, try referring to what I just wrote :P If you stick with the aftermarket wheel, disregard my post :)
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
dubber084

Post by dubber084 »

Drove 3 hours to phoenix today to get some more parts for my mx : )
And must i say the landscape was amazing
Finally got some rear seats! and other random rear interior parts lol
Im going to have to do some sewing and i will most likely changed the fabric, but for now, at least i have some rear seats : )
Also decided to paint my interior parts red, so the rear seats kind of match now
Just some random aftermarket steering wheel i picked up
New switch installed : )
Steering wheel installed
purple monster - 94 Mx3

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”