amsoil synchromesh in the G5M

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Thefez
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

amsoil synchromesh in the G5M

Post by Thefez »

whats your guys opinion on it in the GS transmission? If its a BIG no no what do you guys use love to hear thoughts on this guys
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: amsoil synchromesh in the G5M

Post by MrMazda92 »

I love Redline MT90, but I have been considering using Amsoil synchromesh when I swap to the KL later this month.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I have Valvoline Synpower in my tranny
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

im talkin like strait synchromesh and nothing else? I mean the stuff kinda seems light as far as thinkness..
jaydog is back
antispam: No

Post by jaydog is back »

You need to run thick gear oil, such as 80-90w. The G-series is designed to use thicker gear oil, not anything else. I have tried everything from Redline, Royal purple, other brand to no brand to Mobil 1. Personally, I like the Royal Purple. Do not put manual trans fluid in your gearbox or Synchromesh.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

jaydog is back wrote:You need to run thick gear oil, such as 80-90w. The G-series is designed to use thicker gear oil, not anything else. I have tried everything from Redline, Royal purple, other brand to no brand to Mobil 1. Personally, I like the Royal Purple. Do not put manual trans fluid in your gearbox or Synchromesh.
Manual trans fluid is gear oil. You probably meant to say auto trans fluid?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Royal Burple for sure.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

jaydog is back wrote:You need to run thick gear oil, such as 80-90w. The G-series is designed to use thicker gear oil, not anything else. I have tried everything from Redline, Royal purple, other brand to no brand to Mobil 1. Personally, I like the Royal Purple. Do not put manual trans fluid in your gearbox or Synchromesh.
Not to sure where you are from, but up here thats the last thing you want in these transmission during the winter... Once the temps start dropping the syncros really dislike gear oil, its to thick... You start getting crunchy shifts, occasional grinding...

Return to “Transmissions”