V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shorter
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

ecu qestion on klde swap

Post by shorter »

My name is oren I am from israel
in israel we dont have MX6 or probe.
But I found klde in xedos 9 so i'm bought the xedos and started the swap
The ecu in the car is KLB7 and the car is a automatic gear .
The qestion is what ecu i need to put in the car???
Or I can buy a chip for this ecu

Please help

thanks

oren
wytbishop

Re: ecu qestion on klde swap

Post by wytbishop »

I am not an expert on the DE engines and their variations, but if you can use the Xedos ECU, Distributor and sensors everythign should work as it did in the car it came from. The major items that differ from car to car over here are the distributor and air flow meter. For the most part the other sensors are similar.

This may require you to make a few modifications to the MX-3 harness but they should be minor ones. For example the MX-3 distributor harness may have a slightly different pin arrangement than the Xedos, but if you get the right wires so that it can communicate with the Xedos ECU it will work as it did in the Xedos you took it from.

Someone with more DE specific knowledge might recognise that ECU and be able to tell you what you need. There are no "chips" available that will make your stock ECU work with a different engine.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

How about the 626?

What year is your Mx3?

Could always get in from another country, we get our KLZE ECU's from overseas after all...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
shorter

Post by shorter »

the 626 in hear don't have this engine max 2 liter.

my mx is 92

the xedos 94 with the old disti li the k8

its not a problem to buy from another country but what ecu i need to buy kl01 kl07 or something like that? ??
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Imagine that you were taking the engine out of the Xedos and you were going to put it on a stand and make it run like for a display or something. You would use all the parts that came with the Xedos.

Now imagine that your MX-3 is the stand. The only difference between your car and an engine stand is that your car already has a wire harness which is almost exactly the same as the harness from the Xedos. You just have to make sure that the distributor and the air flow meter and the O2 sensors and what not are on the same pins in your harness as they were in the Xedos.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
shorter

Post by shorter »

I check the hardness the mx and the xedos almost everything is difrent

So what i need to do? ?

if i will buy enother ecu so i dont need to do the hardness change??

when you swap you mx you did the hardness change??
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Do you already have the DE engine in your MX-3? Would the Xedos ECU plug into the MX-3 harness? What connectors on the MX-3 harness don't match the Xedos engine?

The engines are nearly identical mechanically so for the most part the sensors are very similar. If you put the MX-3 distributor and VAF on the Xedos engine I expect it will run. If there are sensors with different harness connectors like the O2 sensors or whatever, swap the sensor from your MX-3 onto the new engine. See if it runs that way. The fuel map will be wrong but I bet it will run.

The obvious difference from one ECU to another is the fuel map. The fuel map is designed to work with a particular set of injectors and sensors and a particular intake and exhaust combination that the engine was fitted with from the factory. But there may also be other differences. The individual wires may be in a different order from one to another. The only way, I think, to use the Xedos ECU and be sure the engine will work, unless someone local to you has experience with the swap and can tell you otherwise, is to install it exactly as it was in the Xedos with the Xedos harness and distributor and VAF. But that is a lot of work.

Bottom line is, I don't know what ECU you should buy to run a Xedos DE in your MX-3. The DE swap is less common here so all of the solutions I know about are to correct the MX-3 ECU to run the ZE. You could try a Probe GT ECU and VAF using your MX-3 distributor and I am sure that the engine would run, but I don't know how close it would be to the correct map for that engine.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”