sinix3's 92 gs kl swap

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
sinix3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

sinix3's 92 gs kl swap

Post by sinix3 »

been around for a few months and have been wanting to start a work log but havent had the time well here it is im going to start one.
i bought a 92 mx3 gs about a year ago and after rebuilding the top end it was great until i heard about a klze swap. so i found a mx6 and was planning to do a klde swap and turbo it but the car turned out to have a klze swapped into it. my first task was rebuiolding the engine which i have done. not entirley sure how to post picture but i will try and i will continue to update the log in the future
Last edited by sinix3 on January 2nd, 2013, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
"nitrous is like a hot chick with an std you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences"
RobMinhas

Re: my kl swap

Post by RobMinhas »

Whereabouts in BC are you? I'm from BC, a little town called Radium Hot Springs, just going to school in Calgary.

I don't know about anyone else but the pictures don't work for me.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm glad to see you started a worklog!

I hate to be the pest, but you do need to change the title a bit to adhere to forum rules... The format most accepted would be "sinix3's _____", where ____ could be replaced with 92 MX3, 92 GS, anything along those lines :)

That will mostly make it easier for people to tell who's car it is, without having to peak over at the thread author space. It's not one of the strictly governed rules, but it really does keep the worklogs a little tidier.

I can't wait to see the pictures, keep us up to date will ya? :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

You might want to fix the title brozinski

EDIT I just seen mrmazda told you lol sorry
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

I'm in Williams Lake BC if you need a hand (if you know where that is) Good luck.
1993 White gs klze.
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

i live in mission. and i got the swap done in 2 days haha proud of myself on that part. but it has an intermitant miss a weird idle some times and its running rich but i still have to swap the computers. i will cange the title. thank you for the imput
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
"nitrous is like a hot chick with an std you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences"
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: sinix3's 92 gs kl swap

Post by Daninski »

So did you change important items like fuel filter, hoses and belts. I found it very easy with the engine out but very difficult when it's installed.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

I changed needed hoses but forgot about the fuel filter. And yeah I change the belts aswell
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Nice bud... Will have to get together some day.. Hopefully meet up at the track this summer... I am just out in Cloverdale..
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

swap is all done and on the road. i swapped my ecu anf vaf for the one out of my donor car. now my idle is all goofy so i think i have to set my tps. again im going to try and post pictures soon just have to figure out how:P if any one has any sudjestions on my idle issue. any imput is greatly appreciated
92 mx3 gs klze swap.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”