(GI) Big Brake Kit for 15´´ wheels

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

(GI) Big Brake Kit for 15´´ wheels

Post by kulluminati777 »

On my NEVER ending pursuit for rare parts and performance and realizing the after market boat has sailed YEARS ago I stumbled on a company named CEIKA. Ever heard of them? What you havent? Yeah me neither. ANYWAY. I was browsing there site and seen they will build small 6 pot or normal 4 pot big brakes that fit FIFTEEN yes u heard 15´´ rims for only $890....

So those with mazdaspeed wheels and stockers no longer have to do the CRAZY yet simple LAME 2 pot upgrade with the 323 spindles and probe spindles and all this crazy jazz. The good news is they can make the brakes bigger for those with bigger rims but im sure these will be all you need. They come in ANY color and the look gorgeous. So no need for brembo caliper covers :D

I have talked to the company and asked if they would do a group buy with enough people making the 890 dollar price tag less and them being a new and un heard of company they said HELL YEAH.

Im buying mine next month regardless but i just want to see if anyone wants to start a group buy so they are cheaper for everyone. Spread the word tell your mom, dad, uncles, cousins about this so we can get the largest group buy this forum has seen in decades!!!!!

P.S. Here is the product ~~~~~~http://ceikaperformance.com/4-pot-Big-B ... 2-p28.html
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
BornSticky

Re: (GI) Big Brake Kit for 15´´ wheels

Post by BornSticky »

those look pretty nice! wish I had an extra 900 bucks kicking around..... :(
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Wouldnt be till the end of January maybe the first of Feb. Im sure everyone can have the funds by then and they wont be 900. The more people interested the cheaper it will be for a complete kit
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'd consider it if I didn't think I could do the MazdaSpeed6 fronts and rears(ProtegeSpeed rears possibly) w/ lighter than stock wheels w/ a wider footprint for around the same price. It'll increase your clamping force, but I don't imagine they'll offer a much larger rotor than stock, unfortunately. :(

Definitely want to see how you like them though, testing it out on your own car may swing a lot of interest on here. I'll see if my local buddy is interested...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Good find, but I think most MX-3 guys are gonna be too cheap for something like this. I decided.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

I would like to see this first installed on a mx with 15's, the way are spindles are I don't think so.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I consider the ``To cheap´´ thing.....Thats why we dont have any after market support at all and its not because are cars are that rare. Its because we dont buy the stuff whens its there. I know of cars of more rarity that have 10X the aftermarket we do and IMO are pretty lame cars. I am a cheap guy as well. I just thought if we got enough interest the brake set up would be around 6 or even 500. If we had at least 10 in then that would for sure happen but i guess not until i install and get you guys a full review of the product after the holiday season in my worklog because i dont want to buy stuff from 5 different cars and have to weld and cut or look for crusty old RX7 calipers because the new ones will almost cost as much as these just to have something that looks and performs a bit better than OEM. If those brake swaps from other cars where so great then people wouldnt be swapping them out. For race setups and better looks from companys like stoptech and brembo.

I have known larger rotors and more pots fit in a 15´´ wheel for a few years! I was going to buy a 4 pot set up from a german tuning shop named SPS motorsport after my brakes fading and over heating ALL the time and almost killing me on local tracks and the autobahn all the time but the last straw was after i rebuilt the entire front calipers with new hawk pads the whole shebang and at nurnburgring had the same issues. Im not that hard on the brakes either i engine brake as well. :confused2: SPS said it would have cost me 1500 EURO for the complete kit for the 15´´ rims but they refuse to tell me the set up or how its fabbed until its done.

This is a new company so ill take my chances. I mean with a money back guarantee and if you use paypal there is ways to get your money back so im not worried about that part. I just know if you want good stuff you have to shell out a bit.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

A little bit of info after i asked a few questions online

The parts are manufactured in our factory in Taiwan. We don't have distributors and it's sent directly from the factory this is why our prices are cheaper.

I am french, i'm the director. The CEIKA brand is new we created it 10 months ago and our first big appearance was last month at the SEMA show. We displayed our brakes on the new Ford Focus on the official Ford booth. So there is not a lot of reviews yet. But customers start spreading the word about our product and i hope it will become more known to the car community very soon.

We have been developing our products for 4 years and we started 4 years ago in Australia based on our ebay store. But it wasn't CEIKA brand.

We now have a team in Japan too which is our main market.

Most of our rotors are based on rotor measurements database from rotor manufacturers. Which is very reliable. And we develop new models and design calipers and brackets using actual vehicles. Some applications were developed with the help of customers too. For most applications we get the actual car in order to insure proper compatibility with parking brake system or stock master cylinders.

We only source the highest quality parts. None of our parts are from China. Only Japan, Taiwan and brake lines from UK. And we source all new and non-recycled alloys and steel to machine our parts. Also the warranty is 2 years on our calipers.

I can give you money back guaranteed to try our kit. We guarantee direct bolt-in install, noise free braking, and high performance and quality of our parts.

If you want you can send us a deposit and we will start building your kit. Then send the full payment when the kit is built and ready to ship and pay with Paypal. Like this you will have 45 days to try our product and you will be protected by paypal.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions i will be happy to answer all your concerns.

Best Regards,

Cedric Milharo - Director
CEIKA Limited
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

It sounds good, but I'm loathe to shell out just yet...

I'm less financially stable than most of the "regulars" who build for high performance, otherwise I'd be all for new product development. As it sits, I'm lucky to have the parts that I do... I sacrificed a lot of creature comforts to afford them, from food to sailing. My entire "pleasure budget" went into my car.

I miss making $30,000/year part time. Best job ever!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I would be interested depending on final price.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I've heard of Ceika before, had a buddy with an Alltrac who was very active in a forum that Cedric posted on.

He claims the components that are made in Taiwan are made of the same quality of Sulex and Cusco.

The only thing that worries me is that after selling a bunch of coilover sets to multiple Celica forums through Ebay, his ebay account became inactive and he stopped selling the Celica Coilovers completely(he used to sell on forums as well) and didn't reply to anyone asking about information about the coilovers including customers asking about stuff like specifications and whatnot.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

That looks like an interesting kit. My search for a 4 lug sulution took me to a radial mount caliper as I had exhausted the other options. However, I ended up using what I had purchased already, cutting my losses and went for the 5lug swap. :shrug: My goal was to cram a kit as big as I could under a 16 in wheel. I'm quite happy with the results but I find myself wanting 6 pot calipers in the front now. :D
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

What about brake pads. I mean what if I need another set 4-5+ years from now, where would I be able to get these?
Not like local auto parts has these.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Yeah i asked the same thing and i was told these calipers share the same pads with other aftermarket brake company's. Ceika said they will give me a full list of order numbers from different manufactures so you can order from ceika or from someone else with ease. Im actually giving him a down payment so he can start on this mighty project. Ill ask him if he can take 10000 pics so i can update on this thread as well. :love: :love: So my review will be the deciding factor if everyone else wants to get these in a group buy. Sadly i havent seen any interest really but i think thats because some need to see the real deal. Me having already bought the kit wouldnt gain from it at all. :crying: :crying: But i might buy and extra set because i may be starting another MX3 project. This one will be a 4 banger with a turbo FTW :welder:
RobMinhas wrote:I've heard of Ceika before, had a buddy with an Alltrac who was very active in a forum that Cedric posted on.

He claims the components that are made in Taiwan are made of the same quality of Sulex and Cusco.

The only thing that worries me is that after selling a bunch of coilover sets to multiple Celica forums through Ebay, his ebay account became inactive and he stopped selling the Celica Coilovers completely(he used to sell on forums as well) and didn't reply to anyone asking about information about the coilovers including customers asking about stuff like specifications and whatnot.

I hope he didnt disappear because the coilovers were crap and he didnt want to refund money??
AaronTietje wrote:That looks like an interesting kit. My search for a 4 lug sulution took me to a radial mount caliper as I had exhausted the other options. However, I ended up using what I had purchased already, cutting my losses and went for the 5lug swap. :shrug: My goal was to cram a kit as big as I could under a 16 in wheel. I'm quite happy with the results but I find myself wanting 6 pot calipers in the front now. :D

Hey hey dont tell anyone else you went through this much effort for better MX3 brakes. You will here the same ``overkill´´ speech i have had :lol: :lol:
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

Id be interested depending on final price as well
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD

Return to “New Product Development”