Mazda Mx3 Drag Race

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Miguelitto

Mazda Mx3 Drag Race

Post by Miguelitto »

Hi guys...

We made a nice movie here in Brazil.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3bNLmvgYYw

did you like??
Never run faster than your angel can fly!........ My angel has NOS
My worklog || Brazil => http://www.mx3zone.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Mazda Mx3 Drag Race

Post by Josh »

Nice work! gave a thumbs up :)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Nice. Here's me and a friend several years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWOlr_AEHF4
He was in the 13s, and I (in the black car) was in the 14s. His was a turbo/ nitrous 4cyl, gutted, on race slicks, and mine was my DE/ ZE, before MegaSquirt, and a few other mods. Also, I still am not good at drag racing.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

fowljesse wrote:Nice. Here's me and a friend several years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWOlr_AEHF4
He was in the 13s, and I (in the black car) was in the 14s. His was a turbo/ nitrous 4cyl, gutted, on race slicks, and mine was my DE/ ZE, before MegaSquirt, and a few other mods. Also, I still am not good at drag racing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow u know that dude? His MX3 is on of the most famous ones in the history of MX3´s lol. Everytime i used to go to google images and search mazdaspeed this or MX3 that this guy and his nos inside dell sticker would always pop up. Does he still own it????
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

haha that's Jerrid's (aka cjthor) car right?

Been a while since he was on. I had to help the shop tune in the miata cams in that engine. Shame he doesn't come around anymore I am pretty sure he still has his car though. I am surprised it was not faster than that? My 95 ran a similar modded engine, full interior, smaller VJ14 turbo and on 6 psi I got a 14.1 in the 1/4 with full interior and tools in the back.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:D Yeah, cjthor. He's a great guy. He helped my a lot on my car, and on my party barge ArtCar for Burning Man. He's really into MINIs now. He still has the MX-3, which has done better times than in this video. He wanted to sell it, and probably still would.
That's cool that you helped tune it, Josh.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

fowljesse wrote::D Yeah, cjthor. He's a great guy. He helped my a lot on my car, and on my party barge ArtCar for Burning Man. He's really into MINIs now. He still has the MX-3, which has done better times than in this video. He wanted to sell it, and probably still would.
That's cool that you helped tune it, Josh.
yeah we used to talk pretty often back like 8 years ago.. ha but it has been easily a year or so since the last time i heard from him. he works for mini and has one or two of them I think. so the MX just sits in the garage. yeah the machine shop installing the cams called me up out of the blue one day to find out how I did the miata cam swap in my car :) his car is in the mid 200's for whp from what I remember. I think he was going for just over 300. should try and talk to him and get him to come out to a meet this spring or something. perhaps a revival into the club. :)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. Let's bring him out!
His car was at just over 300whp when we raced. Like 306. He was having trouble getting the monster turbo to spool. And his power was a sharp peak, whereas mine had steady torque for almost 4k rpm (about 4k to about 7.7k).
He has like 4 MINIs :lol: All different models, and one sitting at about 300hp.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

That's what I thought. You know I like Minis but I will take another MG midget over a mini any day.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

MGs great if you're a tinkerer! I have some fond memories...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Josh wrote:That's what I thought. You know I like Minis but I will take another MG midget over a mini any day.
Come take a peak at my driveway... 3 MX-3 GSs, and 1 MG Midget. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I won over a girl in Seattle by getting her MG running, and taking her for a ride.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Yup im still around. Actually thinking about selling my car in parts since i would never get what I want out of it....
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

cjthor wrote:Yup im still around. Actually thinking about selling my car in parts since i would never get what I want out of it....
I would hate to see that. I hope someone here buys it if you plan on selling it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”