Who engineered mx3 Body( Dodge viper Vs. Mx3 )

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
WestcoastSpeeder
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Who engineered mx3 Body( Dodge viper Vs. Mx3 )

Post by WestcoastSpeeder »

Ever since the first day i bought my mx3 i noticed it has some of the same aspects of the dodge viper, the front bumper similarity, angry/fierce looking headlights and similar tailights. It got me thinking who designed the body of the mx3?? Also has anyone put viper tailights on the mx3?? cause that would look SIIIICKKK!! They look like they might fit!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WestcoastSpeeder

Re: Who engineered mx3 Body( Dodge viper Vs. Mx3 )

k i did some research and realize dodge has no relation to mazda, ford does but not dodge, but still, Someone stole sombodys idea cause seriously look at the pictures!! tell me theres no similarity :shock:

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Interesting. A while ago, I had someone photoshop an MX-3 to be wider, with the width being added to the middle. If I were rich, I would cut one in half, and widen it. It wouldn't be that hard with the right space, tools, because we could just run Probe front axles, and have to do minimal suspension extension on the rear.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

No......
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Do a lineup from left to right:
MX-3, RX-7 FD, Dodge Viper.

The FD sits somewhere in between, as far as the side and rear views go, but I do see some similarities.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
WestcoastSpeeder

yeah but the front of the rx7 look nothing like either. and right!! theyre hecka similar!!! i know someone stole an idea!

JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Angry headlights? The MX3 has one of the 'softest' front ends of cars of its era. Looks more like a Pokemon.

An s14a, now that's an angry looking car.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I don't see the correlation between the Mx-3 design and the Viper.

Teardrop style headlights have been around for a while in many cars; it's brought up in headlight conversion threads.

The original Viper grill follows the standard Dodge grills when it was first designed. The second revision of the Viper just kept that style. Even the later Neon had this grill. The 2013 Viper uses the same style, it's just that it's not body matched.

There's a standard aerodynamic flow to cars; so they'll all have a similar shape. They're all 2dr hatchs so they'lll all have a similar shape.

Styling, similarities are just a coincidence. It's hard to be completely unique, especially with so many designs out there, and following aerodynamic principles.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

If anything, mx-3 reminds me of early Barracudas
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Now THAT surprised me! :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I've parked next to a red one in the past as well, sadly I didn't have a camera at the time. :(
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
WrongWay

Post by WrongWay »

I've been kind of thinking that the Del Sol looks a lot like a MX-3 without the hatch, from a profile shot anyway.

Return to “Appearance”