MADE MY OWN SLIM HATCH VISOR/GARNISH take a look

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
puromx3

MADE MY OWN SLIM HATCH VISOR/GARNISH take a look

Post by puromx3 »

i always wanted a slim visor for the mx3 just like on the 240sx and once they became popular honda started making theirs and all kinds of other cars with visors. the reason for the slim or alternative to our hatch visor was because i didnt really like our long and big visor that surves more functionallity that appearance lol.
so i tried to make one from fiber glass. it was alright but didnt come out that great. then it hit me.
BAM!

I AM VERY PLEASED! even if it tampers a bit with aerodynamics n such just a bit. just thought id share this with anyone that enjoys slim visors.
who knows if a lot of people like it i might be willing to make more n sell.
COMMENTS, COMPLAINTS, IDEAS?

-damn rear seat looks ugly!!! need new one! :shock:
JDM MX-3 KLZE 2.5 W/ HEADERS, SHORT RAM INTAKE, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, STAGE 3 CLUTCH, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, NOLOGY HOT WIRES, PAINTED AND POLISHED ENGINE, WHITE W/BLUE PEARL PAINT, ENKEI RPF1s 9.5lbs, COILOVERS, B-PILLAR BAR, 6K HID HEADLIGHTS, 12K HID PINK FOGS, PROSPORT GAUGES.
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MADE MY OWN SLIM HATCH VISOR/GARNISH take a look

Post by kulluminati777 »

yes please get a new rear seat but i like the rear visor you made, very cool! i wouldnt put it on my car but on yours it looks really cool.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

There was a company in Germany years ago that made one, from what I remember they would not ship to the US :(

But I like it!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

that's kind of cool
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

Looks a bit untidy but still cool. I've a garnish sitting in the shed... :D
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

haha yeah new seat.
and its a mazda plastic part. all i did was cut and tape on with 3m tape.
it was about 2 hour protect to cut and place.

well i actually own the ms garnish (not replica from corksport) but i just liked to try he slim for awhile. :)
JDM MX-3 KLZE 2.5 W/ HEADERS, SHORT RAM INTAKE, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, STAGE 3 CLUTCH, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, NOLOGY HOT WIRES, PAINTED AND POLISHED ENGINE, WHITE W/BLUE PEARL PAINT, ENKEI RPF1s 9.5lbs, COILOVERS, B-PILLAR BAR, 6K HID HEADLIGHTS, 12K HID PINK FOGS, PROSPORT GAUGES.
fillpereira
antispam: No

Post by fillpereira »

It think it would look better in white
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

i thought it would look good in white also but when i painted it white i didnt like it.
i have a bunch of black painted pieces so black looked better in my opinion.
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

puromx3 wrote:i always wanted a slim visor for the mx3 just like on the 240sx and once they became popular honda started making theirs and all kinds of other cars with visors. the reason for the slim or alternative to our hatch visor was because i didnt really like our long and big visor that surves more functionallity that appearance lol.
Where can you get the mx-3 visors from? I have only seen a few pictures...never any for sale.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

kulluminati777 wrote:yes please get a new rear seat but i like the rear visor you made, very cool! I wouldnt put it on my car cuz it look like sheet but on your car it matches the back seat so it's cool.
:wink: :lol:

I think it's a good effort, a little small in my opinion from front to back but over all any thing to cover the view of that nasty back seat is good. :P
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

atx_mx3 wrote:
puromx3 wrote:i always wanted a slim visor for the mx3 just like on the 240sx and once they became popular honda started making theirs and all kinds of other cars with visors. the reason for the slim or alternative to our hatch visor was because i didnt really like our long and big visor that surves more functionallity that appearance lol.
Where can you get the mx-3 visors from? I have only seen a few pictures...never any for sale.
corksport.com sell the MS hatch visor replica.

Daninski wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:yes please get a new rear seat but i like the rear visor you made, very cool! I wouldnt put it on my car cuz it look like sheet but on your car it matches the back seat so it's cool.

I think it's a good effort, a little small in my opinion from front to back but over all any thing to cover the view of that nasty back seat is good. :P
I had a carpet cover on it but it stopped holding haha.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

puromx3 wrote:
atx_mx3 wrote:
corksport.com sell the MS hatch visor replica.

Daninski wrote:

I had a carpet cover on it but it stopped holding haha.
How in the hell did it get in that bad of shape in the first place? Like Rats were gnawing at it. You know, BIG Jaguar rats, rats with large,,,,you know?? Claws. Oh sorry, I digress. Yes the visor is nice, would go well with a black purse. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

^^^^^^^ lmao! Something like that
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

I don't see the garnish on Corksport's website. Do I need to email them??
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

atx_mx3 wrote:I don't see the garnish on Corksport's website. Do I need to email them??
They no longer sell them, the term they sold them under was "Hatch shade"
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “Appearance”