crate??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
newdriver92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

crate??

Post by newdriver92 »

do any of you guys know a place/site that sells crate engines? I live in edmonton.
worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77147
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: crate??

Post by Josh »

Most autoparts stores do, I would assume that in Canada that would be the same. Kind of pricey though
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

Are you talking about mx-3/mx-6 crate engines? I've never heard or seen anything to confirm or deny that but seeing how Mazda wanted 400 for a timing belt kit I could only imagine what a brand new motor would cost
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

if you're talking about buying a complete new motor from Mazda...I'm gonna say no way.

I know a guy who got one of the last GTX engines when they cleared the warehouse of those and that was in 02' or 03' I believe...for the 86'-87' 323 GTX. Manufacturers are only required to maintain stock of replacement parts for 15 years after the last year of production. If there are any B6-DE or K8 engines sitting in a warehouse anywhere they will probably already have been liquidated by now...but it is possible.

Might be a decent deal if you find one.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

No I'm talking about a de / ze with low! Kms not new
worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77147
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Google search for JDM engine importers in your area. There are many.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

wytbishop wrote:Google search for JDM engine importers in your area. There are many.
As someone who is unfamiliar with Edmonton and their JDM engine importers, can you recommend any Wytbishop?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I got mine at JDMSource in Calgary. He's a bit of a crook but in a predictable way. He is very happy as long as you don't try to show him how smart you are. As soon as you do that he'll try to screw you. First few times I talked to him I just asked him a bunch of questions. I already knew all the answers...I was just feeling him out and letting him show me how smart he is. Made him feel important and he bent over backwards for me.

The engine I got had a few small issues but hasn't burned a drop in 2+ years.

I haven't found anyone in Edmonton that is reliable. A couple have come and gone in the past 5 years or so, but I can't even tell you their names.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

wytbishop wrote:I got mine at JDMSource in Calgary. He's a bit of a crook but in a predictable way. He is very happy as long as you don't try to show him how smart you are. As soon as you do that he'll try to screw you. First few times I talked to him I just asked him a bunch of questions. I already knew all the answers...I was just feeling him out and letting him show me how smart he is. Made him feel important and he bent over backwards for me.

The engine I got had a few small issues but hasn't burned a drop in 2+ years.

I haven't found anyone in Edmonton that is reliable. A couple have come and gone in the past 5 years or so, but I can't even tell you their names.
I see. I'm trying to get ahold of a BPT and last I checked JDMSource didn't have any stock but I'll check them out.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”