MX-3 custom headlight/tailights questions -how did he do it?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
iRobsta
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

MX-3 custom headlight/tailights questions -how did he do it?

Post by iRobsta »

I've been looking through the internet to get some ideas of what I can do to my car when I came across this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFqEG8-p ... re=related (35 sec's + in the video)
The way this man did his headlights and tailights is absolutly gorgeous to me, anyone have an idea how he did such a thing?
Is this a really difficult (for experience users only?) for someone to do?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: MX-3 custom headlight/tailights questions -how did he do

Post by fowljesse »

That is VERY difficult to do. You would have to learn quite a bit about body work.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tbondo

Post by tbondo »

You would need to be an experienced body man or have an endless bank account for someone else to do it. Looks like all he did was graphed a different front bumper on and modified the hood and fenders to fit the new headlights. The tail lights look pure custom made.
iRobsta

Post by iRobsta »

tbondo wrote:You would need to be an experienced body man or have an endless bank account for someone else to do it. Looks like all he did was graphed a different front bumper on and modified the hood and fenders to fit the new headlights. The tail lights look pure custom made.
Modify as in he cut pieces out of his car to make the headlight fit?
And yeah, I guess this is something you'd need some skill to do. When you say "pure custom made", I'm sorry but it still bogles my mind as to how someone could make a custom tail light?
tbondo

Post by tbondo »

By the looks of the youtube video, the front bumper cover is off of what looks to be an Acura RSX along with the headlights. Yes you can tell by the primer/freshly ground metal that the hood and fenders were cut and rewelded in the shape they needed to fit around the headlights. By the looks of the rear, they have an aftermarket rear bumper as well which they modified with fiberglass to make new light buckets in the shape and position they wanted. With experience and know how, you can make just about anything with a welder some metal and some fiberglass.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I like how they molded the tail light buckets into the bumper, BUT the bus tails have got to go WAY WAY too big. I liked the tinted OE tails he had on there better. Modding headlights is not that hard, Modded RX8 headlights in an MX back in 05' was kind of a pain but not that bad if you can do basic cutting/welding metal fab.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Josh wrote: Modding headlights is not that hard, Modded RX8 headlights in an MX back in 05' was kind of a pain but not that bad if you can do basic cutting/welding metal fab.
Have you got any pics of that? Seems like it would look interesting.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “Appearance”