Help please!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Brainless

Help please!

Post by Brainless »

There's a noise comming from my front right wheel that has come bigger in the last months. At first I was thinking wheel bearing but an other possibility would be a problem with the brakes.<P>What can I do to find the problem myself?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Coolzombi

Re: Help please!

Post by Coolzombi »

hmm...i ad the same problem this summer and it was 2 of my wheel bearings..more i go fast more the sound is higher, and my car is only at 57 000km...<P>the guys at mazda tell me to take the corner a bit slowly...lol
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

mine is only 65k km but the sound is higher at low speed.<P>Yesterday I jacked up my car to see if there was a scratch on the disc or a problem with the pads but I found nothing.<P>The sound is NOT constant and that's what makes me think it's the brake.<p>[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Brainless ]
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Justin Murphy

Post by Justin Murphy »

Ya, you're break pads have probably worn through and now the brakes are grinding the rotors... Metal to metal is the sound and it is not good. My MX had the problem a while back and I had to get new rotors and break pads at the local Midas and it cost quite a bit. Can't remember how much but the sound only gets worse as you go along so i'd replace em.. That might be your prob.<P>On another note my car is making a funny noise when i go in reverse and turn the wheel, it sounds like the tire is hitting the wheel well but it isn't... Anyone have any ideas?<P>Lates
FLYIN BY YA IN THE NIGHT!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”