Rear sitting much higher than the front

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
jbud1291

Rear sitting much higher than the front

Post by jbud1291 »

So about 2 weeks ago I installed new kyb gr2's and apex springs. I knew that the springs would need to settle and that I would not get the full drop until the springs were broken in. Well now it seems the fronts have settled but the back springs have not. Im thinking maybe adding some weight in the trunk for a week or so? Ill try and get pics but as of right now the back of the car is much higher than the front. This happen to anyone else??
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Rear sitting much higher than the front

Post by mikeinaus »

how high is high? i know with my h&r's and most peoples springs the rears always have a larger wheel gap then the fronts. i also didnt notice a change in ride height after my springs "settled"
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

heres a quick pick of our black one that had apexis on it if it helps as a reference.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

Yes I know when the springs settle they drop a few mm which really isnt much...but I did notice that the front has gotten slightly lower. In the front there is almost no gap at all( can barely fit one finger), while in the rear I can fit 3 fingers. I know that the front is lower than the rear on these cars but this seems to be quite a big difference
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

Thanks for the pic sleeper. Your car seems to be more evened out than mine. Ill have to get pics up so you guys can tell me if im being crazy or something is not right :freak:

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”