input on future mx3's

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
stangant
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

input on future mx3's

Post by stangant »

I haven't owned my car very long so I wanted to get the input from members that have had their mx's for a long time. I am wanting to do a sort of "redesign" of the mx-3 as is if Mazda was to make one in say 2013 what would you want to see different in it both in astetics and performance. I am planning to take this info in and possibly make a sketch or designs of it and send it to mazda.

Me personally would have liked to see the mx as either an awd or rwd with 4 way steering and a from factory turbocharged engine or rotary model.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: input on future mx3's

Post by MrMazda92 »

Tiburon, with more curves and fewer lines... and a Mazda badge.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

such as this little beauty

this is Mazda's redesign of the MX3 based off of the MX5 chassis.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Tiburon...ew.....

But the kabura? is what its called is the perfect update i think or the concept picture just done exactly how they had drawn it (the mx-3 only looks like it a little)

and yes defenitly RWD I think a very light car with alot of horsepower will sell alot in todays market, i mean people buy the civics, cobalts and genesis's like there going out of style, mazda needs to take advantae of this and no the mazdaspeed3 doesnt count im talking coupes i mean they have the miata and had the rx-8 but people want a mans coupe that has a piston engine thats turbo/supercharged and neither of those fit both categories
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Indeed, I think the Kabura fit the bill, especially with it's 2+2 (3+1) seating. Although it would need to be FWD, they already have the Speed3, and they don't need a 2-door version of it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Haha, only from the side kulluminati777, the overall shape of the car.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

ah ha ok then i guess that would work
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
heckdave

Post by heckdave »

Love the concept above. It looks just like an MX-3 to me. It's too much of a supercar look, though. If Mazda builds another, I'm sure it will be taller like their other cars (unfortunately)
1993 MX-3 GS SE, KLZE, D2 Coilovers, Painted Charcoal
1992 MX-3 GS, stock (Sold)
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, Mostly Stock
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
1987 Bertone (Fiat) X1/9, Dodge 2.2 turbo swap
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Sadly, I don't think they will re-capture the magic that is the MX-3... All of these giant wheeled, 4 door monstrosities are testament to that... :( If they release another "4 door", I hope they at least have the sense to mimic the RX8 suicide doors. Then it'd be functional, and less of an eyesore.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”