Another WRX Defector

Off-Topic Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

Another WRX Defector

Post by Daninski »

Well I saw a deal on Kijiji yesterday, 2,000 hits after 12 hours and I thought this cars gone. I Emailed the seller, he still had it then I called him today and he said tons of interest but no money in his hand as of yet. Ha, I called Dibs (we know what that means) and I drove up to his house about 1 hour away. Long and short I bought the car, 2002 Subaru WRX loaded, every thing works with black interior and a new set of winter black wheels with Michelin tires. Car needs a little minor body and paint for a dent but other than that, real nice shape. Of course here's a couple pics from the ad. Oh ya, $4,800 for the car. :2thumbsup:

Turbo baby, turboooooooo. :D

Oh I bought it off this guy, seems he knows a little bit about these cars. :lol:

http://pcrrally.com/
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Evo_Spec

Re: Another WRX Defector

Post by Evo_Spec »

very nice!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Funny you responded first. A guy from your town wanted the car shipped to him, $900 to ship but looks like I saved him $900. I'm so nice. :D
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I didn't realize they are that affordable. I grew up working on flat 4s. I rebuilt my first one when I was 14, from the rod bearings out. I wonder how similar they are to the VWs. I saw a Subie tranny on a table, and thought it was a VW bus tranny at first.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

It doesn't has the beauty of mx3..but it's Turbo baby, turboooooooo. :lol:
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Ah the bug eye! May as well be a VW with those headlights ;)

Good fun to drive? Obligatory BOV?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

It's true, the MX3 has a styling that's hard to match for the price and those bug eyes have the HID bulbs BTW.

Jesse, next thing you'll tell us you sailed the seven seas with SinBad too :lol: Why is it you always surprise me. :)

Seller said the car will be done today with new O2 sensors installed, safetied, Etested done and ready to go. Kinda nice buying a car from a guy who manages a dealership. He knows how things works and there's no dickering around.

Guess I'll get some use out of the OBD2 scanner that just came in the mail this morning,,,,,,but not too much use I hope. :P
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Savin

Post by Savin »

Bug eye WRX's still go for about $10k here. All Subarus have a crazy resell value in the Chicagoland area. They're starting to become more popular, but that's really only affecting the new bodystyle cars, which I think are all ugly except the widebody WRX and STI.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Like I mentioned this guys ad had 2,000 hits in one day. He lived out in the boonies so it was hard to view the car and people work during the day,,,well not me.
I never see WRXs or STi for sale and if they are the prices are high. At first I though this guy was a curbsider selling a repaired car so I was very cautious looking the underside over for signs of welding. But no he turned out to be a stand up kinda guy
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Make sure you keep up on oil changes, these engines are known for rod knock if you don't do oil changes regularly.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

For it's mileage it purrs like a kitten and when he started it the exhaust was clear. Car inside is immaculate so it looks like the guy who first owned it took really good care of it. Now I need to look for another low mileage engine as a spare and get boned up on my turbo knowledge. He said if you want the motor to last don't mod it. It seemed to have all the power I'd need anyway.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok I went and got it today and drove home on the hwy. Very tight suspension with no drift at all. Accelleration is great but I had no desire to 'punch it' yet till I check it out more and get the feel of the car. Damn dog stepped on the seat heater switch and my butt got roasted but other than that every thing good so far. I have a valve cover gasket to do so I need to bone up on the cars maintenance manual but hey everyone loves learning new stuff right.
I'll post some pics tomorrow if the rain holds out.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Daninski wrote:Accelleration is great but I had no desire to 'punch it' yet till I check it out more and get the feel of the car.
That's what the test drive is for? Didn't you check that out?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Daninski wrote:Accelleration is great but I had no desire to 'punch it' yet till I check it out more and get the feel of the car.
That's what the test drive is for? Didn't you check that out?
Car was stored for 3 months and driving the sheet out of some thing scores you no points with the seller who I might add had so many interested parties he didn't have to give me the time of day. Besides if you check the RX8 1/4 mile times vs 2002 WRX 1/4 mile times you may be inclined to keep comments a little more respectful. Oh there you are in my rear view mirror. :P

Actually at that time I saw an oil leak and considering the worst thought head gasket but in the end it was only a valve cover gasket. Car ran and sounded well, the owner rally races subies, he put the car through a few conditions and explained what should and shouldn't be happening when talking about a healthy drive train. He never did I must add race this car. :lol: After the sale he offered to help if I ever had any questions. Nice guy.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Daninski wrote:
Car was stored for 3 months and driving the sheet out of some thing scores you no points with the seller who I might add had so many interested parties he didn't have to give me the time of day. Besides if you check the RX8 1/4 mile times vs 2002 WRX 1/4 mile times you may be inclined to keep comments a little more respectful. Oh there you are in my rear view mirror. :P

Okay, I'm gonna shut up since I have a B6.........
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “Off-Topic”