[FS/FT/GI]Wrecked Red 93GS Parts or whole! Runs and drives!

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
RedAutobotMX3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

[FS/FT/GI]Wrecked Red 93GS Parts or whole! Runs and drives!

Post by RedAutobotMX3 »

It's time to move on. Last year at this time I was in a moderately low speed impact while stopped at a light near my apartment. The car was sandwiched between a G5 and a newer Camry, but still drove fine for months after the accident, and both other cars needed only new bumper covers. Ofcouse, monetarily the insurance company totalled my car, and I have been fighting with them ever since to get them to fix it and/or give me more money since it was in such minty condition when the accident occured! My live-in girlfriend had expressed the desire to put the money into it necessary for an R title and that she would buy it off me if i performed the repair work. Well this year's tax return was a complete let down for the both of us, and we do not have the funds to repair "Blaze" and i'll be damned if i let this car just goto the wreckers when it still obviously has so much life left in it.
I'd just like to see the car stay on the road and with a loving driver, or atleast help prolong the life of another MX-3 with the use of its parts that are becoming more and more rare. It has not sat this entire time; as i mentioned earlier i drove it for several months after the accident without an issue and also had the frame checked at a local body-shop for any tweaking. Straight as an arrow. I have since gotten a teal DE swapped MX but continue to drive the car every week or so to keep the battery charged and the gas fresh.

Here are the vital statistics of the car:
1993 Blaze red GS fully loaded UNDER 100K MILES!!! RUST FREE!!!!
It was owned by an older woman, who could not drive it due to her hip being replaced. I have proof of this original owner(im 3rd owner after she died and it was transferred into family's name) as well as the original window sticker!
Interior is 95% including a Sony headunit and Pioneer 6.5" speakers, also has a like new cargo cover and hatch struts!
Motor is strong with newer plugs and wires and disty, mazdaspeed motor/trans mounts, CAI
Trans still shifts smooth, and clutch grabs and will move the car from a stop without revving at all
Newer GR2 struts with HnR springs + bellows, bumpstops and strut mounts at all 4 corners
Newer gas tank, straps, and filler neck, RR brake caliper,Sylvania silverstar headlights, induction cleaning service done before accident, GS lip is still attached but seperated in the middle and has a crack on the one side, GS wing, body painted F/R mudflaps, the stock Enkei 15's could use a whizzy wheel taken to them, but are not bent and have enough tread to make a trip on a trailer to Canada or somewhere else a bit further from my location.
Sunroof/windows all work fine, the locks can lock, but they tend to take a few tries to activate the passenger side.
A/C, Heat, and defrost work very well

Now onto the damage:
It will need a Hood, Rad support, and the spare tire well will need heated up and beat with a sledge hammer to be reformed :welder: , but the hatch still closes with a slam. I have had the car up to 80mph and the hood did not come up on the highway! Does not overheat, and the only thing leaking is the valve-covers, which i have replacements for. There is a pinhole in the D/F(IIRC) brake line right under the battery box that appeared a month or so ago while i was attempting to knock the rust off the rotors. Again, It still runs and drives, and I keep brake fluid in it, so as to not make the situation any worse. All glass is intact, headlights are fine and all lights/signals remain working on the car to date. There are two identical "pinch" marks between the top of the door frame and the roof on either side of the vehicle that I didnt even notice until the insurance adjuster came and we were taking a fine toothed comb to the car for damage. Ofcourse the F/R bumpers could use a re-spray, but at that point, so will the whole car to make it match. It will need brakes and tires eventually as well. The worst of the damage is up front, and the back shows next to no signs of damage, so most people believe i was at fault and rear-ended someone. :lol:

I'm trying to be as forward and honest as possible, and to address any concerns or questions that may pop up about the situation of the vehicle. It is not inspected, registered, or insured in the state of PA but i do have the title, and would get a salvage title from the state if someone wanted to take the whole car off my hands for the right price to make whole again, or to have as a parts car. I would like to not part this thing out, as my intentions would be to keep the car on the road, but some things could come off the car for sale while leaving the whole of the car and drivetrain for someone else. I'm also giving yinz MX'ers the first stab and a cut-throat deal atm. After a few weeks i will be listing the car on Craigslist, followed shortly by Ebay if there is no one to take it off my hands on here. But just because im a fellow member, doesn't mean i'll be taken for a ride on the price.

I will let the whole car go, with everything for $1000 USD. I think this is fair for a running driving car of any kind that needs minimal work and under 100K miles, especially with the highly sought after items. If you think the car as it sits is worth less, i can pull some of the smaller items off to help match w/e offer you may give. I'm a reasonable man, with good intentions, so chances are we should be able to negotiate something. I'm also open to trades for other MX-3 parts such as a ZE, wet nitrous system or leather seats to name a few. If it comes down to parting it out, I will make a seperate thread with pricings for each item available. I have 10 pictures of the car in good daylight showing the extent of the damage available upon request through email. They are a bit too big to try and upload here through a site, however.

Thanks in advance for the interest and don't hesitate to ask any simple questions i may have overlooked.
Riley
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: [FS/FT/GI]Wrecked Red 93GS Parts or whole! Runs and driv

Post by Daninski »

Pics would really help.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RedAutobotMX3

Post by RedAutobotMX3 »

meh, i had time to compress and load these couple to get an idea of the body damage

Hope these help!
NANO91

Post by NANO91 »

Is the front lip intact?
92 RS- (2nd Gen) BP-Swap
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76390
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Looks like they were trying to put the 'compact' in your compact car. :P

Wonder what's involved in pulling the back end out. Front end shouldn't be a problem, just consult the FowlJesse Book of Autobody Repair. See bottom half of post. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... &start=300
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

It's sad to see you sell her, but I'm glad you found another one...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
RedAutobotMX3

Post by RedAutobotMX3 »

Thanks for the condolences, im hoping she can find a better home than a JY or smashed into a cube...
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

where are you located?
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

that's a decent fixable mx-3 I see. Mine was wrecked when i got it (got a pic somewhere) since then it has been fixed and I've been driving since 01
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Is the alt 90a? If so are you willing to part with it and the mounting bolts?
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

RedAutobotMX3 wrote:Thanks for the condolences, im hoping she can find a better home than a JY or smashed into a cube...
God I hope so, the car's got plenty of life left from where I stand!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
RedAutobotMX3

Post by RedAutobotMX3 »

Jeff im on the West side of Pittsburgh near the airport. I couldn't tell you about the alternator amps, but i doubt thatd be something i'd part out so it could still run.
jeffs93toy

Post by jeffs93toy »

Thanks anyhow. and G/L with the sale.
RedAutobotMX3

Post by RedAutobotMX3 »

Well you can add mine to the Craigslist thread, as i just posted it in the Pittsburgh area one for substantially more money than on here.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”