Suggestions/Opinions on gaudy parts!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Suggestions/Opinions on gaudy parts!

Post by SuperK »

so I'm liking the look of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-92-95-MX3 ... es&vxp=mtr

I also have a two pod pillar mount, A/F ratio and oil pressure. they're some gaudy looking silver ones. I would like some least-gaudy gauges to match either stock or the set listed above. Anyone have any suggestions?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Suggestions/Opinions on gaudy parts!

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Get black-faced gauges that have removable bulbs for the backlighting, that way you can put in either a regular bulb with one of those coloured condom things on it or an LED bulb to have it match your whole setup. Or those 7-colour gauges, same idea.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Get black-faced gauges that have removable bulbs for the backlighting, that way you can put in either a regular bulb with one of those coloured condom things on it or an LED bulb to have it match your whole setup. Or those 7-colour gauges, same idea.

You know I have seen a couple of "How To" on changing the cluster lighting and I cannot for the life of me find the little condom things OR mylar film to change the clock color... I think I am going to end up getting a speed hut custom for the GS, but it would be cooler to do it all myself :|
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

if it's the stock bulbs behind the gauge cluster you're after, you can get tinted bulbs at autozone/advanced auto the proper size and stick them in. they're brighter than having the condoms.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I would try a model/hobby shop for film. The stuff used to skin remote gliders should work
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Josh wrote:You know I have seen a couple of "How To" on changing the cluster lighting and I cannot for the life of me find the little condom things OR mylar film to change the clock color... I think I am going to end up getting a speed hut custom for the GS, but it would be cooler to do it all myself :|
The 194 condom covers I bought a few years back were kind of like these and maybe they are the same ones! I used red: http://www.trucknvans.com/product-p/8088_.htm

As far as the clock, I bought some transparent colored plastic binders from Office Max and tried all the colors until I found one I liked (went with purple for a whitish/bluish look).

Return to “Appearance”