Need some help with remote starter info

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Need some help with remote starter info

Post by RobMinhas »

Hey fellas,
I got my Prostart 2in1 remote starter set up from a shop a few days ago. They did a solid job and I'm pretty happy with it. However, I randomly found a wire caught in my alternator belt. It looks cleanly cut off on one side and the other side is just pulled apart like someone cut off the cable around the actual wire metal bit and then loosened, but not used it again. It looks like it was just garbage that they left in my engine bay. :shock: :x :cry: :freak: I'm gonna stop by and give them a serious piece of my mind tomorrow, however before I do that I want to check everywhere else in my engine bay they may have had wire go to to check for any other problem, just so I can get them for all of the mistakes and to see if they might've screwed something else up. I checked my engine bay andI didn't see anything else but with that being said, I do not know where to look. So can anyone point me to the right areas to look to see where they may have screwed it up? For reference its a 5speed 1.6L DOHC.
Thanks in advance.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Mi|<E

Re: Need some help with remote starter info

Post by Mi|<E »

Try to post a picture, probably a ground wire.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Need some help with remote starter info

Post by mikeinaus »

should be a wire near the ebrake, one by the clutch pedal one or 2 going to the ignition, probably one or 2 going for power (12v constant, and 12v with ignition) one going to a latch pin in the engine bay for the hood, one or 2 going to a shock sensor, another 1 or 2 going to a loud speaker, some to doors, possibly windows and hatch release. it depends on the features but they are fairly complex and there is more then likely a tun of wires going all over the place. shoudlnt be too hard to tell if they did quality work by tracking down a few wires and seeing how they connected everything. ie butt connectors or actual solder/heat shrink.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”