Okay, I'll admit it!.....if I could have a Honda............

Off-Topic Discussions
im2bad4ya

Okay, I'll admit it!.....if I could have a Honda............

Post by im2bad4ya »

......I'd totally get a CR-Z

http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/

I know, I know.....it's a blasphemous thing to say on these here boards, and I'll go to church this Sunday to ask for forgiveness.

But to be quite honest, this is one Honda I CAN'T hate on. It looks like what should have been a fifth gen MX-3. 122 stock HP, not a bad base to start with. Sport and hybrid modes. Man.......I hope Mazda comes out with a direct competitor to this in the spirit of an MX3 :love: Then I'd totally take this post back!

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78176

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

-2003 MAZDASPEED Protege #1186 Spicy Orange "Debbie" 2014-2015 SOLD!

-1980 Toyota Corolla Green 2014-present

-2002 Lexus IS 300 Solar Yellow 2015-present
Inodoro Pereyra

Re: Okay, I'll admit it!.....if I could have a Honda........

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Seriously? You think 122 hp, on a 2700 Lbs car could be considered the evolution of a 2580 Lbs car that came with 130 hp from the factory? :confused2:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

When I said evolution, I was talking about the exterior styling........but if you wanna talk performance wise, I say yes to that also, as considering it's an evolution from an 88hp car :P

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Dont knock on em man, those cars are nippy, but you have to be in sport mode. It becomes a completely different car and the electric take off gives it something else that an na motor cant touch. Plus theres even tunning software out there that supports the IMA systems, heck you can even throw a turbo on them if your creative. That 122hp means nothing when you have the instantaneous power of electric assist and CVT transmissions.

Oh and dont feel bad, I just bought an 09 civic lx with less than 30k. Aside from my 65 olds cant say Ive been more content with a car before.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Inodoro Pereyra

You're comparing the ONLY power option from the honduh, to the WORST power option from the mx-3. Doesn't seem fair to me...

As for the styling... :throwup:
I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree... :wink:

Diogenes of Sinope.
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

Nah, I just get the feeling you're a Honda hater.

I'm not here to talk about what's fair, only WHAT IS. Trust me, i despise all 90's and 2000's Honda's, especially moded arroz con pollo rockets :crying:

Unless you wanna elaborate specifically on what makes you nasous in regards to the styling of the CRZ........

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

If i could i'd get this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqZlhce_fk

i've personally driven one cause my uncle in hong kong owns one and it's an amazing car, and there's still extra room for a baby seat =)
fillpereira
antispam: No

Post by fillpereira »

Last edited by fillpereira on January 23rd, 2012, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I read this thread...

Glad you dropped back in, Inodoro :lol:
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

I dunno Evo, any type of Civic are really "Honduhs" to me but saying you've actually drove that particular one, I can't knock you for it, and at least it's clean, not a monster with a whole bunch of bolt-ons and Pokemon graphics :lol:

And i saw that video fillpereira......OMG, that's what I want, performance, color and everything! (like I said, unless of course Mazda does the right thing and comes out with it's own variant).

Look, am I saying I'd get rid of my MX3 if I got my hands on a CR-Z tomorrow? Not a chance!

But if I could get my hands on one if I had to give up my MX3....... :? at the least, I'd consider it

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I really like the styling of the CR-Z... I watched the segment too and wow that Mugen looks sick and seems to perform well and STILL get 35mpg in sport mode! :o :shock:

yeah I'd rock that during the week and keep the mx for the weekends :freak:
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

you have a point and it is completely a civic, but there's only 300 of them made and i got to drive one!
and man that was one of the funnest car's i've driven
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i really dont get it. its too weak and slow to be a sports car, its too small and impractical to be a economic car. what speed freak/ car enthusiast wants a hybrid? and what eco nerd wants a 2 seater? i think honda had a good idea with the concept but the styling they settled on and the lack of rear seats in north america kind of ruined the car. maybe if they offered a turbo or supercharger option but until that happens im happy to stay clear of honda. not to mention its way overpriced, for slightly more you can get a premium convertible v6 mustang or many other real cars. the cr-z is more of a kids toy IMO. not to meniton the br-z or ft-86 which are coming out should be in the same price range.
Inodoro Pereyra

im2bad4ya wrote:Nah, I just get the feeling you're a Honda hater.

I'm not here to talk about what's fair, only WHAT IS. Trust me, i despise all 90's and 2000's Honda's, especially moded arroz con pollo rockets :crying:

Unless you wanna elaborate specifically on what makes you nasous in regards to the styling of the CRZ........
I'm not a Honda hater. I just don't share their design philosophy. Same way I have a lot of respect for Toyota, but I wouldn't buy a Corolla.
I must apologize if I came up a little too harsh before. I had had a really crappy day, yesterday. In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have posted anything... :shrug:

That's the problem: what you're comparing is NOT "what is". If you want a more real comparison, that honda is heavier and has less power than a stock, almost 20 year old mx-3, and, unlike the mx-3, it doesn't come with any other power option.

About the styling, I like clean cars. That car is not. It's just pretentious, like the Genesis.
The mx-3, mx-6, Supra, GT-3000. Those are aggressive, clean cars. That's the kind of styling I like.
Ryan wrote:I read this thread...

Glad you dropped back in, Inodoro :lol:
I make no promises... :) My life is going straight to hell, fast.

Diogenes of Sinope.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Prius:
CRZ:

There are my thoughts on styling.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Off-Topic”