So this guy comes to look at the '93 MX-3....

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Carnuck
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

So this guy comes to look at the '93 MX-3....

Post by Carnuck »

He couldn't believe it was V6 5 speed. I started the car (still runs well in spite of oil consumption) and you can smell the smoke. "Does it burn oil?" Yes, I said, and it says that right in the CL ad. "V6, 5 speed, high mileage, burns oil but still drives". What happened to people's ability to read? It only has 3 matching rims. (easily seen in the photos I took before we got 8" of snow)
He drove away, disappointed (he couldn't find any rust and only the auto seat belt and ceiling upholstery were bad)
Tomorrow is another day and the other guys that called have spare motors so it should go away. I just don't get people sometimes!
Evo_Spec

Re: So this guy comes to look at the '93 MX-3....

Post by Evo_Spec »

i always get that from people too, it makes you really wonder why they're even at your place wasting both they're own and your time if they have to ask you questions that have already been clearly stated in your ad.
Through dealing with a lot of people on kijiji i've come to think that people come to your place and ask answered questions because they're trying to get you to drop the price because people are more willing to drop the price if the person is already there with money.
this guy sounds like....he was bored? lol
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

im a firm believer in that 90% of the world is retarded. i was teaching a group of "noobs" in my class on how to take off a timing belt on a 97 accord today and whenever i would say "loosen" a nut or bolt they would take it completely out and whenever i would say to "remove" a nut or bolt they would only loosen it. it drives me nuts! not to mention none of these kids have any of the tools they need and constantly go into my box and help themselves to my tools while making a huge mess of my box :twisted:
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I had to sell a few cars in my time, tire kickers are pita.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Carnuck

Post by Carnuck »

It just seems like they are looking for a cream puff for tuppence. They want something for nothing and don't know what to do when it doesn't pan out. Yet another "Will it pass emission test?" when the smoke is visible and easily smelled.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I hate selling cars, people are idiots. I've sold cars for hundreds less than their real value because the guy wasn't an idiot and he acted respectful.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I've only sold cars to people I know, so it works out nicely.

On the other hand, I like buying MX-3's.... if I don't take it, I usually tell them something they didn't know about their car :P

I also anonymously email people on Kijiji about errors in their adds... like MX-6 LS mystery edition.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Ryan wrote:I also anonymously email people on Kijiji about errors in their adds... like MX-6 LS mystery edition.
You would! :lol: Nothing wrong with it, just funny. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
stangant

Post by stangant »

when I found my car on CL we went to look at it, showed up and did a quick once over and said I'll take it... the guy was stunned. hahaha so far very happy with it. Then you have the stupid people that either show up when the add says firm will not go down and they want to drop the price to half off.. really? then the people that want to "trade" straight up like there POS car match's to your well taken care of one.. :confused2:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Yes I have grown to hate CL... Been trying to sell my WORK wheels for MONTHS now, and people are ridiculous. What pisses me off is guy shows up to buy my RX8 with cash in hand with the supposed agreed upon amount and drys to jip an extra 200 bucks! he was out 2 hours before and we agreed on the amount... he tells me that its all he had... after I said no he ended up coughing up the extra 200 out of his back pocket. WTF is wrong with people.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Josh wrote:Yes I have grown to hate CL... Been trying to sell my WORK wheels for MONTHS now, and people are ridiculous. What pisses me off is guy shows up to buy my RX8 with cash in hand with the supposed agreed upon amount and drys to jip an extra 200 bucks! he was out 2 hours before and we agreed on the amount... he tells me that its all he had... after I said no he ended up coughing up the extra 200 out of his back pocket. WTF is wrong with people.
people try this s--- all the time, i'm so glad you said no because i HATE when people get away with that s---.
i'm lucky enough to not have had this happen to me because i don't think i'd sell it to them after trying that crap with me.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”