slimas 1992 1.6 SOHC TURBO MX-3

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
slimas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

slimas 1992 1.6 SOHC TURBO MX-3

Post by slimas »

Hey guys :) Greetings from Lithuania :)

I'll present my current MX-3. This is my second MX-3 in overall.

Drives really smooth (previous owner installed lowering springs but the car is not very low), engine is really alive and shows it's character, even though it's a SOHC :)

This B6 has the 1.3 SOHC Mazda 323 gearbox, so faster acceleration.

Things that need to be done:
:arrow: Repaint
:arrow: Fix the small oil leak from the crankshafts gasket
:arrow: Change the exhaust system a bit :)
:arrow: Tint the back window
:arrow: Buy a normal sound system
:arrow: Lower it a bit more

2011-12-25 Jobs done:
:arrow: Installed a rear view mirror
:arrow: Installed a working AFM
:arrow: Installed air intake hose in a normal condition
:arrow: Tinted backlights
:arrow: Tinted front blinkers

2012-01-02
:arrow: Installed sports exhaust
:arrow: Fixed all exhaust (new gaskets etc.)
:arrow: Checked MX's suspension
:arrow: Installed MOMO steering wheel

2012-01-10
:arrow: Minor suspension work
:arrow: New water pump
:arrow: New radiator

Those are both MX's in my yard :) The black one is going to scrap yard in a few weeks...

And some more photos (about the front bumper, it looks like sh*t, i know. I'll get it repainted in spring)
Image[/quote]
Last edited by slimas on June 4th, 2013, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazda MX-3 1992 1.6 SOHC
RobMinhas

Re: slimas 1992 1.6 SOHC MX-3

Post by RobMinhas »

Welcome to the forum!
Not a bad little car you've got there, whats the mileage on it? Other then needing a bit of a repaint it looks good.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
ethand

Post by ethand »

Nice one! Welcome to the forum :)
Sucks to hear that your other MX is going to scrap... it looks really good in the pics, too! What's wrong with that one?
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
slimas

Post by slimas »

The green one's got 212000KM, i think it's too good to be true. The black one's engines piston rings are dead. Eats one litre of oil every 250km. Full engine rebuild costs more than the green MX, so it was an obvious solution to buy another one :) Tooks some parts from the black one and rebuilding the green one :)

Hoping to repaint it all in white (black hood, black roof and red JDM suns on the sides :) )
Mazda MX-3 1992 1.6 SOHC
ethand

Post by ethand »

Fair enough! Nice, I'm looking forward to seeing that when it's all done! Sounds nice! :)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
slimas

Post by slimas »

Let's just hope, that the car won't consume a lot of money till spring and it'll be done :)
Mazda MX-3 1992 1.6 SOHC
slimas

Post by slimas »

Ok guys, I need an honest opinion (the more, the better :) )

I'm thinking on mounting a black hood (since i've got a spare one), but my club members (few of them) think that's not a good idea. I photoshoped it, and honestly, it looks quite good to me. What's your thoughts?

Second thing - I'm getting a new rear hood (bonet?), which is in a better condition than my current. I'm thinking of keeping the old one till summer and try a project like this ( http://www.mx-3.lt/forumas/download/fil ... &mode=view ).
What do you guys think?

Constructive critisism is also welcome :D
Mazda MX-3 1992 1.6 SOHC
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I like how it looks, why not pull off the hatch from the black MX3? You can swap the hood and hatch with the help of a buddy or two and know for sure what it looks like. I think if you go black hood you should mock up what a black roof as well, maybe do another photoshop mock up of black hood, roof, hatch and maybe gas cap.

Usually I think the black hood styling looks the best on dark cars or white cars but I have seen it looking well on green cars before, albeit a different colour of green.

Remember, photoshop mock ups are free, and so are swapping parts off of a black MX3 you're gonna be scrapping anyway.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

black roof is pimp. i just plasti dipped mine not too long ago and im happy with the results. as for the hood and hatch im not too fond of changing the colour from the body. car looks good thow. where are you located? before you scrap the black one id post it up here. if there isnt much rust and the only problem is a bad engine im sure someone in your area would want it.
slimas

Post by slimas »

I live in Lithuania :) I'm trying to sell it also to other people not just scrap yard, but no one sees interest in it so far :)
Mazda MX-3 1992 1.6 SOHC
Frost881

Post by Frost881 »

Yay for another Tropical Emrald Green MX-3!

As far as the black body pannels i think black plays off our color pretty nicley but that said that look can get real played out real quick

its all up to your personal tastes but personally i love the stock color :D
slimas

Post by slimas »

Sold the black one today :) It didn't go to a scrap yard :) Some guy bought and said that he's going to rebuild it. Hooray for that :)
Mazda MX-3 1992 1.6 SOHC
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I think if you dark tint the hatch glass and go with black hatch garnish they'll tie every thing together. As far as that MX3 with the glass removed that kind of destroys the whole MX3 look IMO. Bottom line is you can do what suits you, it's your car and your money. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
slimas

Post by slimas »

Great suggestion :) There's still time untill summer, so i'll rethink a lot of things :)
Mazda MX-3 1992 1.6 SOHC
slimas

Post by slimas »

Before
After. Yes, winter in Lithuania is cruel. There is more salt on the roads the in a simple salt mine.

Fighter jet switches :) Still need to do the wiring

Mazda MX-3 1992 1.6 SOHC

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”