Front and Rear conversion

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
racycle
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Front and Rear conversion

Post by racycle »

Was just wondering if anyone has ever tried any conversions as extreme as these. The supra trunk I just did in paint( no photoshop atm) and the front is a photoshoped picture I found on google.

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
Polonius
antispam: No

Re: Front and Rear conversion

Post by Polonius »

Why mess with perfection? ;)
1993 MX-3
B6 SOHC
170,000 k
Manual tranny
racycle

Post by racycle »

Oh trust me , I don't want to change mine :P. I was looking up a conversion for a friend and starting thinking about the mx3. :P I get enjoyment out of reading and learning what people can manage to pull off :P

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Polonius wrote:Why mess with perfection? ;)
This. :D

It's creative alright, but honestly I always say if you need to drastically modify your car's body, you bought the wrong car...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Alot of people have done crazy stuff with the mx-3. I think you will enjoy this thread... http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=59798
racycle

Post by racycle »

Thanks mooneggs :]

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

:throwup:

Ok now that we got that out of the way. There were a couple of MX's I thought were ok but others where just so many shades of wrong. We have our own projector head lamps so there's no need ever again to even consider the word Honda in the same sentence as MX3. Nuff said.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I had rather hoped to never see many of those pictures again. Thanks Mark! :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
ethand

Post by ethand »

Wow... theres some... uhh... interesting... things... in that thread...
I must say, though, I reckon this guy did a really good job. Something about those headlights (from a Peugeot 206??) & the front end, really looks good all together. I wouldn't do something that out there myself, but he's done some decent effort, and I'd say it's probs the best looking complete "custom" jobbie I've seen on an MX3...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2963517/1 ... x-3/page-2
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I like the color choices of that one, and the lines are not horrible, but the scoop on the roof is just stupid and it's not an MX-3 anymore. It's a different car now and not as nice as it was when he started.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

That was quality work, but I have to agree the kit was fugly. The paint looked good though, and I'm not a fan of orange.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ah what the hell, I don't like the front but I thought the rest of the car wasn't bad. Now if you don't have AC that roof scoop might give you a nice breeze I guess. I never looked, did he ever do anything with the interior?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

the rear is nice. I just hate it when people get carried away and remove the seams. You may need to service that thing at some point
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

My favorite points on that orange car are the moulded skirt beneath the door, not the rear portion, but the forward half, and the color.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

I thought it worked pretty well allround! I thought it was very tidy work with the wide kit at the rear - few people have managed such a clean join to the stock body as that (that I've seen on an MX, anyway), the headlights work alright, and the colourscheme looks great with the orange/blackish greyish bits in the kit. Far too out there for my personal taste, and less cohesive than a stock car with MS kit, or whatever, but still one of the most cohesive & best looking all-out modded (aesthetically) MX I've seen, I think.
But you are right about it not really being much of an MX3 anymore, though, Charlie. And I'm also of the opinion that if you need to change a car that much, then you've bought the wrong car... but still, this one is a good effort, IMO
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke

Return to “Appearance”