never-ending belt squealing

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
bronzeboy

never-ending belt squealing

Post by bronzeboy »

Ok guys, to make a long, long, long, story short. I've spent over $1,200 and 8 trips to garages (3 to the Mazda Dealership) and my belts still squeal everytime the air conditioner compressor kicks on or sometimes in the mornings when it's cold. Supposedly the Mazda dealer replaced every belt and pully on the entire engine, and the water pump, and it still does it ($900.00 believe it or not) and they now are throwing their hands up and saying "sorry, no idea what is causing it or how to fix it". I need help from someone before I totally lose it over this. I've also tried Firestone and Midas with the same result. Anyone have any ideas? (Hickory, NC)
roly_39

Re: never-ending belt squealing

Post by roly_39 »

Hey man, I can't help. But I have the same problem. I have changed both my belts and it didn't stop the squealing. So I changed the alternator. Still squealed....blew a few alternator belts....Mazda can't tell me what the problem is, they said to bring it back in at $50/hour (canadian) and they'd look at it. But that's why i brought it there 3 times now, with no fix. I asked them all previous times to check the belts, pulleys, alternator to find the problem and i think they just change what they want. Screw em, i'm getting a Honda...........naaaahhhhhhh :D
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped
supercharged

Post by supercharged »

uh, i use WD 40 or belt dressing to stop my squeaky belts.<P>Maybe you guys gotta use some ATF or something?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

sometimes it's in the compressor itself. everytime it engages, it squeaks/chirps. if you have the right amount of tension, it's not your belts. if there's a whining sound, it could be your power steering pump going bad. either that or you idler pulley.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

turn your car on, and run a bar of Irish Spring soap on the under side of the belt. It usually helps. Don't yell at me if it don't tho :)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”