need help guys and girls

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Havok
antispam: No

need help guys and girls

Post by Havok »

ok gettin a mx-3 this mth and want it faster then my friends vr4. i can get a new eng 4 cheap out the boneyard easy. just need to know what all i need to do to put it in and turbo it. engin work ant **** i got a friend that can do it all just need parts and info. so were should i start.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: need help guys and girls

Post by Daninski »

Ok, first off how about a little introduction about yourself? Next, your punctuation is horrible, you'll get flamed here for that so be warned. Finally, we need to know what model MX-3 you have, GS or RS (V6 or 4 banger). Use our search function or Google your questions a well, there's lots of info out there. We're here to help but not spoon feed so do a little research on your own.
Anyway, welcome to our forums and if you decide to stay consider donating to support this web site. Cheers, Dan. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

VR4 what? 3kGT? VW? Galant?

Start doing your research, you're looking at a BPT swap or a KLDE-T build.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

What kind of numbers is your friend putting down, and is the car FWD or RWD?

Do you define "faster" as faster off the line, faster on a course, or the forum taboo "on the street"?

No disrespect intended, but if you're looking for #3 and not the others, you're in the wrong place.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 12th, 2011, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Havok

Post by Havok »

i have a 1.8 v6. and my friends 3000gt vr4 is runnin 11.5. we mostly race on the street but just tryin not 2 be the slow guy in the crew. i know a probe v6 will fit but i just want to know what all i need off the probe .
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

don't f around on the streets and your best off not messing with something in the mid to low 11's
Havok

Post by Havok »

ok so what do u think i can run with a v6 swop with turbo. my friend has 15gs and 9b turbos layin around off his vr4.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

lets start off with what is your budget? Anything can be done. Get a DE, boost it with the t3 kit. Get a stand alone EMS and some forged internals and you should be in good shape. Pending on what you can do yourself expect a few thousand $.
Havok

Post by Havok »

ok i get paid about 800 a weak so like 1600 a mouth i can spend freely. my friend that do all the car work 4 the crew will do all the work 4 free so i just need parts so what is the price 4 the kit
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

No idea, I don't sell it.

Ebay would be a good start, or google. It sounds like you are all about short/easy answers. I think you need to know waaaay more before you start buying anything. If you don't know the difference between good and crap parts, you shouldn't be buying them.

I don't feel like you are even close to being ready. Racing on the street.. seemingly little to no background. Not a great combo.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Can we ask where your from?
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Havok

Post by Havok »

im from milwaukee wi. it is just that i dont want the slow car anymore ya know. right now i have a grand am and was goin 2 make that fast but the headers cost almost 1000 i cant do that. i like the way the mx-3 looks and my friends think it could be really fast so im just tryn 2 find out how fast i can make it b4 i start buyin stuff
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Reading some of the work logs is a real good source of info. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=46
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Havok wrote:we mostly race on the street
^ Kick this habit, please. You don't live near me, but any life you endanger beyond your own is worth far too much for this crap. If you accept the risk associated with racing, do it on a track. Nobody else on the road need accept the risk of you racing.
Havok wrote:just tryin not 2 be the slow guy in the crew.
This I can respect, but you won't find much help here if you don't address the first quote somewhat. I'd hope not at least...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Daninski wrote:Can we ask where your from?
And how old are you? Apparently you have no bills so you spend everything on your car vs paying bills/mortgage. mx-3 is not the best car to spend your money on. Save your money and get yourself a house while they're still cheap.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”