USA purchasing from Canada

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Meanie

USA purchasing from Canada

Post by Meanie »

Has anyone from the USA purchased a vehicle from Canada? Can you provide information about what's involved with doing so? Also, how would one go about converting the kilometers to miles on the odometer/speedometer?

Thanks
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: USA purchasing from Canada

Post by Josh »

Meanie wrote:Has anyone from the USA purchased a vehicle from Canada? Can you provide information about what's involved with doing so? Also, how would one go about converting the kilometers to miles on the odometer/speedometer?

Thanks
Depends on your state. Usually its pretty easy. Call your local DOL or state patrol office and they can give you exact details. generally a state inspection, then a smog test, and some paperwork.

Depending on the car the spedo's will have Miles on them as well as KM but trip is still in km. they would register that along with the inspection. then you find a usdm spedo to put into it.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

or... you can buy ebay gauge covers if you dont care about the trip.
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

I wouldn't even worry about changing out the cluster. When I bought mine I just put the kilometer number down as the mileage. If I was to ever sell it I would do the same thing again. The cluster makes it nice when your getting on your car with a passenger who doesn't know its in kilometers. They look over and it says 100 and they instantly think its mph. Makes me laugh every time. I can only imagine the fun with a kl in it.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”