Pacesetter header installation

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
WhiteFinish

Pacesetter header installation

Post by WhiteFinish »

I've been reading up on the pacesetter headers installation.

What has been the most common problem when trying to fit these to our cars ?

* The lenght has to be shortend to fit to the Cat.

How about the o2 sensors? Where should they be located ?

What are recommended ways of making it fit ?
Test, cut, test, weld, etc ?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Pacesetter header installation

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

The problems I had were:

-Location of the O2 sensor bung on the front primaries. It hits the clutch slave. Maybe this can be avoided with some aftermarket O2 sensors like Boschs which are shorter but I've got the OEM Densos.

-The rear primaries hit the firewall with the flange. You can grind down the flange but then you'd still have to do something to the y-pipe otherwise it will hit the shift linkage due to the angle. I think the best solution is to cut and re-weld the flange at a different angle, and then you'd have to do the same for the correlating flange on the y-pipe. It seems like that whole portion is angled too high.

If I could weld they'd already be on my MX-3...
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
cWs306
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by cWs306 »

i suggest you do what i did.. take your pacesetters and everything that came with them and hit the exhaust shop. tell them u want these headers on this car. they'll do it. mine had to be re-fitted and a little bend added in to fit.. which wrecked my ceramic coating. a**Holes. and they will fit your O2 sensor's for youu. thatd be your best bet to getting them on with no problems.
_-Night-Shade-_

cWs306 wrote:i suggest you do what i did.. take your pacesetters and everything that came with them and hit the exhaust shop. tell them u want these headers on this car. they'll do it. mine had to be re-fitted and a little bend added in to fit.. which wrecked my ceramic coating. a**Holes. and they will fit your O2 sensor's for youu. thatd be your best bet to getting them on with no problems.
That could definitely work if you don't mind being raped by the price they will charge for labour.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

that is true, i got a helped out a bit..i only paid 700 bucks. but then you know its done right and if anyone goes wrong u can take it back and get it fixed for free.
_-Night-Shade-_

cWs306 wrote:that is true, i got a helped out a bit..i only paid 700 bucks. but then you know its done right and if anyone goes wrong u can take it back and get it fixed for free.
Only? :shock: Holy, that's way more than I paid for my custom cat-back exhaust. You can buy an MX-3 for that price. All for some lousy headers? I know they are the best ones but I can't justify it for practicality's sake.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

yah only, woulda been 1200. 2.5" piping 10" resinator under shifter muffler at the back with the 2.5" tip. and nahhh not so lousy when u hear them open up with a ze. AMAZING.

edit: and plus ive already dropped 5000 ish into the car.. so whats another 700 for a wicked exhaust system? lol.
BrandonM
antispam: No

Post by BrandonM »

WOW. I'de love to be able to not even think about money like that. i did my full custom exhaust 2.25" plus test pipe for $250. I also shoped around for weeks.
_-Night-Shade-_

BrandonM wrote:WOW. I'de love to be able to not even think about money like that. i did my full custom exhaust 2.25" plus test pipe for $250. I also shoped around for weeks.
I know, I'm in the same boat. Everything I do to mine is on a budget.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

yah i was the same way with the rest of my build. but exhaust is one thing ive been taught to never skimp on. but now i got a stainless steel exhaust so no worrys about rust or anything. there are up's to not budgeting yourself lol.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”