manual to power window swap....

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Conrad17
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

manual to power window swap....

Post by Conrad17 »

Awhile ago i was in a wreck, destroyed my passenger door, bought a parts car (was cheaper than getting an actual door) but... its got manual everything and a tan interior (yuck). i went to swap out the manual and electric motors in the window yesterday but the motor wont work. There are three more plugs on the electric harness than on the manual, all which will fit into the plug for the motor. i tried all of them and nothing... but my power mirror works..... is there a difference between the 92 and 93 that wont allow the swap? or maybe the switch is shot?
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: manual to power window swap....

Post by 2fazed »

The mirrors are on a different fuse and switch. There's a button on the master switch that turns the passengers switch on and off. You can test the plugs on the harness with a light tester. If it's got power, and the switch doesn't make the window go up or down, my money is on the window motor.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”