Right Rear brake seizing AGAIN

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Fragz
antispam: No

Right Rear brake seizing AGAIN

Post by Fragz »

So my right rear caliper started sticking awhile back.... then actually MELTED.....I replaced the rotor and caliper with brand new ones....within a couple days it started sticking AGAIN. Im at a loss as to what it could be.

E-brake attached or not makes no difference. I can drive it but after 15-20min of driving the frictions enough to heat up the rotor enough it boils any snow/water that gets on it! So I need to figure this out once and for all!!!

Suggestions?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Right Rear brake seizing AGAIN

Post by Ryan »

Well its supposed to get hot...

If you bought a new one and its sticking, then bring it back. Did you lube the slides properly? If you jack up that wheel, can you spin it by hand? how long does it spin for on its own? If it does anything more than a few seconds, its not sticking hard enough to get hot...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mxmikey

Post by mxmikey »

Check to see if the hose is still working if the hose got seized and fluid is not entering easily it wont work right. When you went to bleed the caliper if fluid did not come out easily you will need to change the hose.
93 GS/SE
Fragz

Post by Fragz »

hahaha definitely not suppose to get this hot. Its gotten hot enough its melted my valve stem cap to the stem itself and I cant get it off. Definitely abnormally hot. Even has these weird burn grooves in the rotor (I noticed that the first time it started sticking too, not just this time).....everything was installed correctly.

theres like 2 feet of snow on the ground so I cant jack it up and test any resistance now....but after a bit of driving it, sticks enough that the car wont roll back if I let off the clutch on a slight incline. So thats too much sticking right there.

I didnt install the caliper right away and its past its "warranty" stage from where I got it online....wont be shipping it back unfortunately.

When I was thinking maybe the line was clogged or something....but it bled fine when I had the new caliper on...well at first the pedal was super super stiff and took a good 3min of pumping to get the fluid flowing out proper......so yah I dont know what to even test now.
Fragz

Post by Fragz »

yah I may just replace that rubber line....maybe the heats fucked it up somehow

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”