axle circlip

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

axle circlip

Post by mitmaks »

Anyone know where I can get a circlip for axle?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: axle circlip

Post by Mooneggs »

new or used?
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

I made one for mine once and it worked fine. The wire was pretty close in thickness and was pretty stiff and kind of springy. Just a thought... However, if you can find one easily then go that route of course. I just couldn't find one of mine after the ZE swap (all those years ago) and was not about to let a circlip stop me from my first drive. :wink:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I was looking for new one but apparently parts stores dont carry them. I could even take used one I guess, as long as it holds axle inside the tranny
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Buy whatever MX-3 axel they have in stock remove it and return it, just mention that it was missing when you take it back so some other guy doesn't buy it without the clip. Normally I would not advocate a maneuver like that but the clip is worth about $.02 and it's probably the only way to get a new one. The part supply store will just sent it back to the manufacturer and they'll toss another clip on it and sell it again. No harm.

Or try contacting the manufacturer...Femco or whoever it is and ask them to send you one.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”