Hates Car Salesmen

Off-Topic Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Hates Car Salesmen

Post by Mnemonic »

A few of you already know I'm in the process of building a 323 for a toy, but I'm also in the process of getting rid of the is300 and trading for something that will give me more enjoyment for what I pay at the pump. So I've been looking and trying to find an STI or Evolution RS. Well being here in the south, there are a few for sale but none that are within what I'm looking for.

So for Shits and Giggles I decided to try the option autotrader has where we'll have the dealerships contact you if they have what you're looking for available. Now I already had it in my mind that this was going to be a nightmare of car salesmen trying to sell me something I didn't want, but I at least thought they would get an idea of what kind of car I was looking for. There was one section where you could leave comments about the car you were trying to buy. And I put in a very strong words that I was only looking for these 2 vehicles and I didn't care if they called me with a car that would pay me 1k dollars per mile I drive I wasn't interested, and that no matter what they said or had or how good of a salesman they thought they were I didn't want anything else and wasn't going to accept anything else. I was hoping this would take care of the sales guys just fishing to sale what ever they could... I was wrong.

Not going to go into all the convos but just some highlights from the calls...

1st call, guy calls me and trys to sell me an automatic 07 honda civic. I told him it wasn't either car I had mentioned before. response? Exact Quote "This is the number one tuner car right now, and can be made to go faster than any car on the market for next to nothing" ::Cell Phone Click::

2nd call, Same guy, didn't learn his lesson from the 1st call... Exact quote "Well I thought about the car you were trying to buy, and you're looking for a 4 door turbo vehicle, and well we have an Chevy HHR on the lot thats a turbo 4 door" ::Cell Phone Click::

3rd call, New guy same crap "Hi this is Richard from Rick Case Hyundai, I see you're interested in trading in your Is300, and I would just like to bring to you're attention this nice little family car we have thats great on gas and low on maintenance a 06 Hyundai Sonata" ::Cell Phone Click::

Really? Glad I'm using my google voice number, WTF.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Hates Car Salesmen

Post by Sleeper6 »

For a second I thought the last guys was atleast going to offer you a 2dr turbo genisis, but sonata? LOL
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

that was kinda my thought as well lol. and had he of said he had one I would of gladly thought about it and gone and looked at one, not exactly what I want, but they are nice looking cars and I would give it at least a test drive (more for fun than to buy) but I come at you with pretty much street legal race cars and you come at me with a gas saving family car?
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Why would you try to trade in your car. That's mistake #1, never, never, never trade in your car. Sell it as private party, you're gonna get more money for it this way.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Yea i know just don't want to deal with the hassle of selling it, this is easier and most dealerships are giving me what i want for it anyway.

Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Hey, have you thought about this car?

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/ ... car=106337

After all, it's a turbo 4 door... :lol: :lol:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Your nuts Inthesidedoro, He's a Fairlady man through and through. http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0 ... to_01.html :P
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mikeetown
antispam: No

Post by mikeetown »

I think you should look at the buick 2.4 turbo. I wouldnt buy one but it is a turbo 4 door.

Theres also the infinity G37 which is an awesome v6

I hope u still have something with a k-series though :?
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Daninski wrote:Your nuts Inthesidedoro,
Inthewhat??? :lol: :lol:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Surprised they haven't called you asking about 4wd quad cab turbo diesels. By their rationale, it's a 4 door, turbo, and turns all 4 wheels.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Hendie
antispam: No

Post by Hendie »

You could look at an older 1991 Audi 200 Quattro, 1988-91? 200 quattro Avant wagon. Those 20v turbo inline 5cyl. have S2 potential. And I kept up with a sti in limp mode (limited boost) with my stock 200 10v (at the time in need of a tune up and about 50 or so less hp than the 20v's).
1993 MX-3 GS with 1.8l v6, 5 speed, sunroof, ?hp 130ish
Stage II Clutch, Front strut bar, Ford Probe cold air intake(fit nice with all stock PC lines connections)
Chrome 17's with 150 mph Z rated directionals', Chrome Projectors, Clear front markes, signals
1990 audi 200Q, with a 1989 Turbo 2.2L inline 5cyl., 5 speed, ?hp 170ish(winter car)
1970 Oldsmobile 442, 455 (7.6L) V8, His Hers 4 speed(Not working on this till the MX is perfrect)

Photos at http://www.myspace.com/hendie131/photos[/color]

Return to “Off-Topic”