Front fog light switch location?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
steviet1811
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Front fog light switch location?

Post by steviet1811 »

I am having trouble finding where the switch is for the front fog lights, i can find the switch for the rear fogs, to the right of the ignition next to the window movement switch, could someone please help, i only got the car today its a 1992 1.8 auto, eunos presso, jap import, the side lights do not work either, im wondering if they are connected?

Also if anyone can help me out with where i can buy a drivers manual, not the workshop one just the normal drivers one, id be very appreciative as it doesnt have one with the car

if there is anything ive missed out im sorry, or if ive done it wrong, i have literally never been on a forum before!
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Re: Front fog light switch location?

Post by SteeleMX3 »

almost sure its just left of the lighter innit? pretty hard to miss IIRC. And ive seen loads of manuals on fleabay and that, try wreckers as well :shrug:
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
steviet1811

Post by steviet1811 »

thanks for that ill have a look and let you know! :)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Rear fog switch is located in the dash right beside the cigaratte lighter.

Rear fog light is the inner drivers side (so of course which side you sit). Yours would be on the right side.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
steviet1811

Post by steviet1811 »

Hi,

The only thing next to the cigarette lighter is an ashtray, there are no switches under the radio at all.
steviet1811

Post by steviet1811 »

this is how my interior looks

http://www.mx-3.com/interior/dash-30x-01.jpg
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Post by SteeleMX3 »

have you checked to see if you have front fogs in your bumper???? :?

I dont see the switch anywhere m8
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
steviet1811

Post by steviet1811 »

yeah it definately has them, i checked when i walked round the car
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I see the front-fog light switch in that dash, but that's a dash style I'm not used to seeing, not sure where the rear fog switch would go, unless it's activated with the fronts....some cars are like that, but not sure about the Mx3/Mazdas, it's usually a Euro thing.

I think I've seen Mooneggs post a picture of fog light button on the center dash trim. closest I can find is this, but it's from a Miata, the Mx-3's would sit horizontally.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

wow I really don't know... left side behind steering wheel is hazard, right side behind steering wheel is defrost... are there any other functions on the arms on both sides behind the wheel? maybe an extra click for foglights? the fender lights should only come on when your blinkers are on. It would be a good idea for you to check out http://www.uk-mx3.com/forum/index.php I'm sure one of the guys on there knows and maybe could meet up with you to go over the car.
ethand

Post by ethand »

its because you have a Eunos Presso. My interior is identical (bar the steering wheel), mine is also a jap imported '92 Presso. I spent forever trying to figure out where my foglights switch was, or why they weren't working. In the end, I cracked open my "foglights" housing, replaced the bulbs and found out that the "foglights" in the front bumper are wired up as parkers, and the light is VERY dim, even with brand new bulbs.... not sure why, but thats how I found it. pretty sure i wrote about it in my project worklog, but not sure... might be an idea to check it out if there's any more details you need... otherwise I can try help here!
There was also another wire there, which looked like it had a harness for a foglight, but because it was made of plastic, the man at my local auto store recommended against using proper fog lights.
Hope this helps.
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mooneggs wrote:wow I really don't know... left side behind steering wheel is hazard, right side behind steering wheel is defrost... are there any other functions on the arms on both sides behind the wheel? maybe an extra click for foglights? the fender lights should only come on when your blinkers are on. It would be a good idea for you to check out http://www.uk-mx3.com/forum/index.php I'm sure one of the guys on there knows and maybe could meet up with you to go over the car.
See, told you, I'm not crazy :P
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76885
(sad part I remembered this thread and your responce, lol)

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

no you're not crazy, I'm glad you remembered, but you're definately not paying attention! :roll: :D The OP's dash looks like the pics below (because it is a Eunos Presso). Unless you are suggesting an entire dash swap just to use those switches, it is of no use to him.

Just wondering if the OP ever figured this out??

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ohhhh

lol
ethand

Post by ethand »

frixk... didnt you read what i wrote???
Pretty sure it's the one I've circled in the pic... its there somewhere anyway... it's a flick up, flick down - style switch. My presso has nothing connected to this switch, so it does nothing when you flick it on... the wiring is in the foglight socket if you open that up, just plug in a globe and bang. it should work haha
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”