trying to install headlamps

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

trying to install headlamps

Post by SteeleMX3 »

Hi all, I've had my projector headlamps for a while now and I still haven't been able to install them properly, atm I have no high beams, halos, or LEDs. all the wires are kind of hanging there, waiting to be installed :|
any chance I could get a few minutes of someones time to show me how to do it? Ive looked at Fowljesse's write-up but I'm still lost once I leave the computer :oops:
please? :)
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
Evo_Spec

Re: trying to install headlamps

Post by Evo_Spec »

i assume basically, you'll want to find all your ground wires and tie those into the car's ground wire, then that makes it a little easier for trying to figure out which power wire goes where.

i don't know why your high beams not working, it should be part the of plug so it should of worked when you plugged it in, but i hear their crappy plugs, so you should just get rid of the plug and solder the wires together.
how i'd do other lights is do the halos in the signal DRL's (take out the drl's from the signals all together) and splice the LED's to the signal
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

these are the colors you should have but i'm not sure what is what, but i'm sure someone can clear it up

Black -> ground
Red/White -> low?
Red -> high?
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Post by SteeleMX3 »

cheers for the help, I had another look at Fowljesse's write-up as well and I thought I had it, but then once I got out to do it I found the plugs for the lows/brights don't work anymore. I only have 1 light as thats how they came and I havent been out to get another, but I tried the light in both sides and neither works. I think its the plugs but I cant be sure, the high-beams still don't work, but now the lows dont either. Help??
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

SteeleMX3 wrote:cheers for the help, I had another look at Fowljesse's write-up as well and I thought I had it, but then once I got out to do it I found the plugs for the lows/brights don't work anymore. I only have 1 light as thats how they came and I havent been out to get another, but I tried the light in both sides and neither works. I think its the plugs but I cant be sure, the high-beams still don't work, but now the lows dont either. Help??
pictures would help a lot, or you can come up to edmonton and i'll help you =D

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”