Lynchz GS - Stupid Grin

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SgtLynch
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Lynchz GS - Stupid Grin

Post by SgtLynch »

This is actually my ex wife's car. She bought it new in 96 and drove it for a few years, then parked it as we ended up not needing it. So, for 7 years it sat around and upon separating I decided to take it off her hands as my Mustang had seen it's last road race.

So, for now it's a driver with the intentions of a full race car next spring. It's stayed in really good shape with just over 100k on it.

Some work in progress: Ground Control, Brakes, Tires, Hoses, Gauges, Steering Wheel, Strut Bars.

I have rims for next summer and a planned KLZE swap. Most of the other work is done, I just ran out of weather for an engine swap this year! :x
Last edited by SgtLynch on September 20th, 2012, 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
solo_ryder

Re: Lynchz GS

Post by solo_ryder »

WOW what a clean ride! 188k?

PS, get rid of that ridiculous tachometer. kthxbai
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

100k actually....

The Tach and alot of other stuff is a carry over from the mustang... I just couldn't find a better place for it on the MX3 dash. I still have seats, harnesses, fuel cell, pump shifter and a bunch of other miscellaneous odds and ends to transfer over. This car really isn't going to be a road car... so style isn't really a primary concern.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

SgtLynch wrote:This car really isn't going to be a road car... so style isn't really a primary concern.
Thats unfortunate.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

+1 for the tach, atleast my 92 had room to the right of the dash so it doesnt stick out as much on mine :mrgreen:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

I was looking at the ledge on the right of the dash for the tach, but it requires me to look down and off the road. I once rearended someone on the street just by putting my Timmies coffee in the cupholder! So I know it's an aesthetic 'eyesore' but the Tach is functional there. Which the rest of the car will be... I'm not going to make a bung ugly car, but it has to work first...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, you should be able to shift by sound and feel by now. If anything, you can get a tach that fits in a pillar-pod, or a shift-light would be much less conspicous, you really only need it to hit specific points like redline.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Well, you should be able to shift by sound and feel by now. If anything, you can get a tach that fits in a pillar-pod, or a shift-light would be much less conspicous, you really only need it to hit specific points like redline.
Never knew the tach was that big of an issue.. but everyone has their opinions!

The shift light is an idea, I can keep the tach tucked away and keep it's memory function, and use a shift light mounted up in my line of sight (or just out of it... those things are bright!).

As for the rest of the car, it's a trial and error thing until I get it sorted out.

The good news for you guys is I should have a very minty 96 GS interior up for grabs next summer + whatever else gets stripped out. :wink:
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Very nice and clean. I can't wait to see what you do with it. :D
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Well, summer is here... and work progresses.

Some additions have been a SRD crossmember & tiebar. Adjustable front and rear swaybars, Brembo calipers and disks, Altezza smoked tailights, Projector angel eye headlights, Shocker sticker (10+ hp easy), grant steering wheel (still hooking up the cruise ctrl) and a pile of odds and ends.

some pics:

Work in progress:

Interior:

Hows this for paint from 1996:

Altezza's/Shocker!

Out of the garage for a change:

Still looking at a motor swap possibly the end of this summer to a KLZE & turbo.

Cheers
L
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Very Clean car. Paint is freaking awesome.
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Thanks!

More to come in the next few weeks. And yes... the offending tach has remained.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

front caliper covers?? :?
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Mooneggs wrote:front caliper covers?? :?
LOL, yeah. The bottom pic was taken before all the recent work. I actually have legit Brembo's in a box, just waiting on 17" rims & tires.
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

Have you re painted the car?
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”