AVC Boostwerx KL Hot Pipes for OEM Manifold

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Nd4SpdSe

AVC Boostwerx KL Hot Pipes for OEM Manifold

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Was just shown this, that do you guys think about it?

http://avcboostwerx.com/index.php?cid=1
NO need to modify your crossmember, NO more scraping your Downpipe. Need it be said the ease of installation. Pipes use Stock obd-I exhaust manifolds proven to hold upwards of 500hp.
ImageImageImageImageImage
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fillpereira
antispam: No

Re: AVC Boostwerx KL Hot Pipes for OEM Manifold

Post by fillpereira »

Links not working
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Think there's some guys running these on probetalk. Not sure if there's no xmember mod with an mx3 though. DanSac ran 500hp though those stock logs, so there's no reason why this kit can't be decent too. Interesting that the wastegate goes into the downpipe/exhaust too, unlike the usual ebay ones. Are you planning a come back?! :shock:
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

marcdh wrote:Are you planning a come back?! :shock:
1) No way, another member asked me about them, was news to me that such kit existed.2) Why would I want to to build a turbo Mx-3 when I've got a nice Rx-8 waiting to be played with? 3) Besides, you guys should know me, no way would I do a economy setup like that!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

haha well, ever the optimist eh?
1 fair enough
2 fair enough I like them myself! But maybe because it would smoke your rx? :wink:
3 :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
View Worklog
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Indeed, for now ;) I'm just happy that the Rx-8 is roughly on-par with my ZE Mx-3 for speed performance, but I know even as is I'll get smoked by alot of cars, but I'm a corners guy, you definitely can't compete with the Mx-3 in that dept. In time it'll be supercharged anyway at some point.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

hmmm, looks like a really nice garage kit, for a really good price too. :)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

The wastegate only dumps off the front bank. That's the fatal flaw with that kit.

Also, if you attempt to use their IC piping kit it routes under the front frame rail which is another big no no just asking to get a hole punched in it going over bumps.

I've seen this kit in person on a few different probes and I haven't been impressed and certainly wouldn't use it.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

hppwdn wrote:The wastegate only dumps off the front bank. That's the fatal flaw with that kit.

Also, if you attempt to use their IC piping kit it routes under the front frame rail which is another big no no just asking to get a hole punched in it going over bumps.

I've seen this kit in person on a few different probes and I haven't been impressed and certainly wouldn't use it.
Doesn't get clearer than that :lol: Ahh I remember reading about the wastegate design on PT, strange for the designer to make such a mistake.
View Worklog
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

marcdh wrote:
hppwdn wrote:The wastegate only dumps off the front bank. That's the fatal flaw with that kit.

Doesn't get clearer than that :lol: Ahh I remember reading about the wastegate design on PT, strange for the designer to make such a mistake.
I have a feeling the wastegate flaw was a sacrifice made while trying to make it a kit that did not require a modified x member.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “Forced Induction”